Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
new to forums and need some help we have a 52plate 5 door rio and when it rains the water is entering the boot, i have checked the rubber seal around the tailgate and it seems fine but it looks as if its coming from under the plastic trim at the left hand side but how its getting into the car i don't know, any one heard of this before and have any ideas, thanks.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have the same problem with my 05 plate Rio so the same question goes for me too!
Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had a look again today and i have a feeling the rear quarter light window looks poorly sealed at passenger side compared to drivers side wonder if it could be the cause

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
murphwiz said:
Possibly rear light unit seal.
Think your spot on here, had a look at the rear light set up and if you open up the tailgate you can see a gap which would allow water to pass through to boot area,shall seal it first chance i get, thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all i have a 2001 rio with the same problem i have checked everywhere seals ,light cluster which when removed has nowhere for water ingress to happen think it has to be a factory problem with the rear quarter windows ,i am gonna try to seal them then i will ley you no the outcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rhubarb said:
Hi all i have a 2001 rio with the same problem i have checked everywhere seals ,light cluster which when removed has nowhere for water ingress to happen think it has to be a factory problem with the rear quarter windows ,i am gonna try to seal them then i will ley you no the outcome.
I have been checking these also but i dont think thats where the water in mines is from, mine seems first to accumulate in the very rear end of the boot where a nut is bolted to the underside i have sealed almost everything even on the underside with sealant and it helped reduce it a bit but think i will have to waxoyl all the underside will also let you know how this works, but it does seem to be a common complaint on rio's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts