Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or lack of one on the Diesel Rio. Well I found a company McGill Motorsports on Ebay who sell some nice gauges at not alot of money. They also do an adapter for the temp sender that fits inline to a water hose. I bought one and the adapter for my Motorbike as its only got a temp warning light similar to the Rio.
Heres the link.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PLASMA-DISPLAY-WATER-TEMPERATURE-GAUGE-UNIVERSAL-52MM_W0QQitemZ380134824821QQcategoryZ43120QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7124518122082958989
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Water-Temp-Gauge-Radiator-Hose-Sensor-Adaptor-32mm-RED-/180481102382?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0583122e
Now they do the adapter in different bore sizes to suit your hose.
I was looking at the dash area on the Rio and not sure where to put the gauge. You can buy a pod for it either to fit to the A post next to frontscreen or a dash mounted pod. Any suggestions as to where would be a good spot. I am thinking of just in front of gear stick.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Davy, nice looking bit of kit. I would fit it at dash level within your preiphery vision. I had guages on the center console one time. You had to take your eyes off the road and put your head down to see them. Not very safe!. How`s the sporty Hyundai going, always liked the look of those.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh it looks great when all lit up. Just fitted it to my bike this afternoon.
I would think dash mounted would be best but I dont really want it sticking out like a sore thumb.
The Coupe's going very well touch wood and the daughters real chuffed with it. She says her Punto was £30 a week on fuel and this is costing her another £10. But hey its a 2litre and the punto was only a 1200. But the coupe is more fun and comfortable and has more toys.
I will be doing a timing belt on it soon to be on the safe side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts