Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had and cured water in the passenger footwell as i have it , if someone has had the problem cured i can then inform the garage as i dont have much faith in them locating it. thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, if you go to page 7 in this Sportage section and look for a post from scary titled "wet sportage", it details this problem and hopefully a cure.

Hope this helps, Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgableRow"><tr ="msgableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">
its a problem with the inner body seams that the water tracks into
the vehicle and ends up in the heater motor, the fix is to remove the NS
Fender and use a sealer that can be blown into the seams, if brush on
sealer is used it doesnt get into the seams properly, a body schultz
sealer gun and schultz sealer is the best, its runny enough to seep into
and down the body seams and seal them forever!!!!

</td></tr></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply on my water problem, after a frustrated phone callfirst thing monday morning the garage theyhave just picked upthe car (coll & del service ) I will nowhave to wait for a call from them to see what they find, unfortunately i am now stranded with no wheels. Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Goldfish in n/s footwell again
. going back innext week for final fix i hope. There is a dealer bulletin on this for dealers eyes only so dont waste time surfing for it., but they do have a rough idea of the cause, also blower on heater not working (related problem i think) good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had mine fixed by KIA Benfield. 2010 reg so no problems as still under warranty. Water had blown heater resister and blower stopped working. Said water was getting in passenger side wing. Had to realign and reseal it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts