Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

Have a 10 plate XS 4X4 and have noticed for quite a few months that after heavy rain I have found a small puddle of water lying on the rear parcel shelf on the left side. Cannot find anything wrong with the seals and also ran a hose over the back and it was dry. Also checked rear washers. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I noticed the same on my 06 Sportage, I got a new seal from a Kia Dealer and installed it, but it still happens although not as much, I think its just down to the design of the top glass that opens in the boot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had this problem twice on my 05 Sportage, with a different fix for each: -

1. Leak coming through hinge mounting hole of glass
Fix by unbolting the hinge fixing through the glass and re-seat or replace the seal (some silicone sealant may also help, just to be sure).

2. Glass not closing against the door seal tightly enough
Fix by applying a good smear of clear silicone grease to the face of the rubber seal, across the top and down both sides. This should last a good few months before you need to re-apply. (Don't use silicone sealant by mistake, or you'll never open the window again!)

Hope these tips help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Whitebrook.

Just got your input as have not checked recently.

Have still got the same problem so will try your suggestions.

Thanks again.

BRO1

·
Registered
86 Posts
We too get a drip of water on the rear shelf,but it does not happen until either driver or passenger doors are opened.
water must be on the seal then pulled in when one of the doors are opened,good job the rear shelf holds the drips of water & is plastic,so just wipes off!

Gazcaz.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kia dealer replaced the seal around the glass about 6 weeks ago but still have the problem. I took the spare tyre out a few days ago and found a pool of water. Contacted dealer again and is going back in on 8th Feb. Will let you know how it goes.

BRO1

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car been at dealers for 2 days for water tests and they detected and replaced one of the rear quarter window seals which they stated was faulty.

Will keep fingers crossed this will solve the problem.

BRO1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts