Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some general advice please.

My washer on the passenger side has stopped squirting. At the same time my back washer has also stopped.

Are they fed from the same bottle? (which is full)
Is it as simple as some grit stuck in the nipple or tube and is it simple to clear?

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
1. Poke jets with a needle to clear them
2. If this doesn't work take the pipes off the jets to see if water coming through.
3. Assuming the motor is working as you say check that the pipes are still connected at the tank end. Don't think the tank needs pressure washing as it works on some jets but worth bearing in mind if you have been putting detergent in as this can become cruddy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that - just hope it's something simple.Just need time during daylight hours to have a look at it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very old post but to save typing a new one I shall piggyback on this. I have the same problem on my 2013 Sportage, drivers and rear washer OK but passengers not. I have made sure the jet is clean but still not working. Agent wants £48 to investigate (thieves!), problem is I dont see how I can get to the hoses. It looks like I have to remove some screws on the scuttle but also have to remove wiper arms to remove this panel to get to rear of it to access the jet assembly. Anyone done this?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think you will find that the washers have none return valves fitted . I had the same problem and it was the valves sticking. Replaced the valves and the problem was solved

1 - 5 of 5 Posts