Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all this mite of been asked once or twice, but my front washers aren't working properly, I can hear the pump working but only very minimal water is coming out, I've tryed taking the pump out and clean the gauze out, put it back together, but still doing the same. But at the back it comes out fine. Sorry for the bad picture, but this is how far it spits out.
Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Phil
The front Jets might be blocked (very small holes),or perhaps a crushed plastic pipe or maybe a leak somewhere on the front washer system ?
If you undo/disconnect one of the front washer plastic pipes either from one of the jet bodies or any tee piece/connector does the fluid flow freely then ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front Jets might be blocked (very small holes),or perhaps a crushed plastic pipe or maybe a leak somewhere on the front washer system ?
If you undo/disconnect one of the front washer plastic pipes either from one of the jet bodies or any tee piece/connector does the fluid flow freely then ?
I did try to pull the pipe off near the jets, but it's that stiff to pull off it fells like it will brake the pipe, but I did do it a bit further downthe line, pull the pipe off, and water does come out nicely.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sounds like blocked jets then Phil - you might be lucky and be able to unblock with a small pin,if not then new jets are probably the only answer.
I am assuming they are not just iced up (not knowing where you live LOL)

·
Registered
22 Posts
On my Ceed the nozzle bit on the drivers side jet occasionally pushes out causing the behaviour you have described; does some of the water dribble out of one jet? If it's the same, you can push in the nozzle with your finger and all is well

·
Registered
898 Posts
My GF's car, a Honda Jazz had blocked jets for ages - they tended to squirt out a dribble rather than properly mist the windows.

I tried everything, then thought back to the decades past when we used to use a bit of detergent in the washers.

I put a squirt of detergent in there and couldn't believe it!

Washers were clean and clear after a couple of blasts!

I'm led to believe some of the modern screen washes can cause gelling and clog things up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my Ceed the nozzle bit on the drivers side jet occasionally pushes out causing the behaviour you have described; does some of the water dribble out of one jet? If it's the same, you can push in the nozzle with your finger and all is well
The water dribbles out of both jets, just not much power

·
Registered
419 Posts
Have you tried pushing the centre piece of the jets back in?, if the jets freeze they push out to safe guard the jet from breaking.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had the problem of a gel ball forming in the washer bottle and had to get the service garage to sort it, I will remember the detergent trick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts