Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2011 ceed2 diesel estate and the screen washer action is failing. I can hear the washer motor buzzing away but the amount of fluid coming out of the jets is poor especially on the drivers side. Even with a full washer bottle there is no difference. Im thinking of changing the motor so the question is can this be done from under the bonnet easily or is there another way to get the motor off? Anyone done this?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Pump gauze blocked, happened with mine again motor was whizzing, nothing at jets. Got dealer to sort (as was mid Jan last year and I'm crap at DIY) was expensive as did need a new washer jet . Was £130. Paying £0 road tax annually helps and covers some unexpected bits like this

If you're good with DIY, probably easy to get at washer bottle out and clean.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Del, look down the left hand side of the bonnet line against the wing near the bonnet hinge and there is a point where two hoses push together. If you separate these you can point to a bottle and see how the flow is there when operating the washers. I don't have pic to hand.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
...even a garden hose pushed down into the bottom of the reservoir can flush out debris, if that is causing a blockage. Just let it overflow until its clean. Some dish washing liquid may help too. Use a bottle brush if the tank looks dirty. Just let it overflow until its clean so debris is not sucked thru the pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts