Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my washer motor has stopped working on my kia carens. its not making any noise. i suspect that a fuse has blown but i carnt find where the fuse is. there is no mention of one in the hand book. can anyone help

thanks neil

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's gotta be fused somewhere! Can you do the old fashioned method of taking each fuse out & trying them in an equivalent holder or using a volt meter? Long winded I know but it will find a naff fuse, sorry haven't got a Mk2 anymore so can't check for you!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just realised I "presumed" it's a Mk2, if it's a Mk3 then let me know & I'll dig mine out for you!

PS: A signature like mine would help in the future to identify your exact model & location is also very helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same problem here,found fuse box next to accelerator pedal,tested fuses ,bought new fuses from halfords, mini fuses,got wrong ones, kia ones have a longer blade, so wasted £3,then found out it wasn't the fuse,so I'm no wiser,looks like its the pump maybe, or maybe a lead has come off, so much bigger job, no easy fix unless anybody has any other advice, mk2 carens.great car overall.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hi

if you have the time check the voltage under the bonnet at the block connector
for the wiper motor, i had the same problem which i wrote about as afuse problem, i have a mk2,

you need to remove the wiper blades and plastic covers to get to the motor, it takes about 15 to 30 mins

griff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all ive a problem i carnt get my front washer working ive no idea were it is the back ones fine i checked fuses there all ok ive a kia carens 1.8 mpv 2001 cheers for any help or were i can get a pdf file showing were it is cheers again

Measurex

Update got washer pump from scrap yard £10 cheers for your help
Edited by: Measurex

·
Registered
7 Posts
dear measurex, had this exact same problem on my ceed. the pump will need replacing, got mine done on warranty. it is one pump for both front and rear washers, it works by pumping one way for the front then reversing to do the reat. therfore the fuse will not have blown if your getting it to work for the rear! hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cheers for the help the carens sx has two pumps one back and front cheers for the help anytime you can help im all ears

Measurex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts