Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Quick question - is there just the one pump for the washer fluid? Rear is working fine, but no action from the fronts. It isn't the jets - I've disconnected them to test. There doesn't seem to be the electric whirring sound either - just seems odd that the back is fine?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Guessing but I would expect two pumps. Or it would need to have a change over valve which seems to be an extra complication

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's just one pump. It reverses polarity and spins the other way. Alliexpress have them for £5.00 takes about 2 weeks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it's perfectly possible for half of the pump to fail? Bit of a bugger because the MOT is booked for Tuesday 😢
Am I right in thinking that it isn't easily accessible too?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wondering actually - if it's a dual pump, wonder if I could swap the hoses around as a temp measure? AFAIK, rear windscreen wash isn't an MOT fail.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The control lever would remain the same if the pipes to pump are switched that's if they are long enough. The pump can be repaired temporarily

·
Registered
23 Posts
No I'm wrong about the pipes. But you could swap the wires over to the pump. Not sure it would pass if rear isn't working

·
Registered
15 Posts
Funnily enough, I had my washer motor replaced a couple of weeks ago; though the fault on mine was that the rear washer was only working intermittently. I got one off eBay for about ten pounds but got a garage to fit it costing another 20 pounds as the access to the pump looked to be somewhat awkward.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for the replies. Long story short, didn't get the part and car failed its MOT. I have a quote to rectify other faults, and also one to fit the pump - garage can't supply one. I need to order one, but need to make sure it's the right part or else I'm going to be paying labour for nothing. I've seen the part listed by mcsport (thanks) but Amazon doesn't have it as compatible. Their compatable pump is this one QH QWP083 Washer Pump: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Can anyone vouch for either? Original petrol hatchback Cee'd, 2008. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

985101F100 should be your Part No
Thanks. Looks identical to the Amazon QH pump, so will go with that as both eBay and amazon have it as compatible. I just know how terrible their parts match system is usually :rolleyes:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Search the system they are expensive from Kia when I was after some a member put a link in to ebay as I remember and the equivalent cost next nothing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts