Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new to this forum and not quite sure ifi have come to the right place, any way could anyone tell me how to take off a wwindscreen washer bottle on a kia rio please, as i have a load of sludge in it and it needs to be cleaned right out as i keep getting blockages.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The bible says to remove front bumper to gain access to the washer bottle and motor assembly. Which is held on with bolts, screws and clips. I would have thought you could have got into it by removing the splash shield on inner wheel arch. I have never needed to get into washer bottle so maybe someone on here has and knows an easier way in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, wow that sounds quite a job, i think we will just keep trying to flush it through,unless i could buy some sort of cleaner for it.
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yeh it does seem a bit of a sod to access. I would try flushing it with the garden hose like you say. Worth a try anyway. Just a thought take the pipe off at a joint before the skoosher jets and get an airline and blow it through back to the bottle but if there is a non return valve in the pipeline then it wont back flush. If you can then the crud will be forced into the bottle and you could flush it out from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts