Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys can someone please help!?
I'm looking to upgrade my spotage to a newer gtline.
The garage thats selling it has told me only has part service history done at 32000 miles 3000 miles ago. Its a 66 reg so should still have 3 years warranty left but as its not been up to date with the services would this invalidate it? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,408 Posts
Sorry to be blunt but yes, without a full service history the warranty is invalid. It depends on how important that last three years are to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying... I thought as much was just confused as the salesman was saying still 3 years left so just wanted some clarification.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I had a look has answerd my question. The extra 3 years was a deciding factor for me buying it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You should consider the warranty to be voided, though you may find that (depending on fault) it may not be an issue.
e.g. most of the cosmetics & bits of trim will be covered without needing to see service history, same goes for most of the electrical system.
But engine or mechanicals, you may find you're out of luck, though there is a "goodwill" option for repairs depending on whether Kia are willing to help you or not -you'll be at their mercy though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You could always take the registration number and phone) Kia to ask about the warranty. then you'll be sure.
Better to buy from a kia dealer and specifically ask about the service history.
And your gt line is less than 3 years warranty left. 2016 equals 5 years old.
tell us where the advert is and i'll have a bit of a nose...

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
You could always take the registration number and phone) Kia to ask about the warranty. then you'll be sure.
Better to buy from a kia dealer and specifically ask about the service history.
And your gt line is less than 3 years warranty left. 2016 equals 5 years old.
tell us where the advert is and i'll have a bit of a nose...
KIA cannot help - there is no central servicing database and the service record book and/or the actual servicing dealer are the only records.

·
Registered
13 Posts
KIA cannot help - there is no central servicing database and the service record book and/or the actual servicing dealer are the only records.
Yea I found this odd when I asked the other day. How can they know if your warranty is still valid when they don't have a central database. Basically if you get a service from a non kia garage. Keep all proof of oil used etc as they could use the fact you didn't use a kia dealership to wiggle out of the warranty.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Yea I found this odd when I asked the other day. How can they know if your warranty is still valid when they don't have a central database. Basically if you get a service from a non kia garage. Keep all proof of oil used etc as they could use the fact you didn't use a kia dealership to wiggle out of the warranty.
By examination of the service booklet. All services done at the correct times and done by a KIA dealer then all is good. Some services done by non KIA garages then they will need to see the detailed invoices to validate that it has been done correctly.;

·
Registered
13 Posts
By examination of the service booklet. All services done at the correct times and done by a KIA dealer then all is good. Some services done by non KIA garages then they will need to see the detailed invoices to validate that it has been done correctly.;
Yea. I mean I understand why they say that, it just seems like another way to get you to go to kia for a £350 service. I beleive halfords do a service which is in line with manufacturers for £159 if you want to take that route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts