Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone hoping you can help. If I have a dash cam fitted by halfords and hardwired will it affect my warranty. Thank you in advance I have a Venga 3 2019 Auto.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No. Why would it? I've just fitted two cameras in my new Sorento. Although I had a spare hardwire kit, it so happens that I am not concerned with a parking monitor and prefer the cameras shut down when the car isn't driven. To that regard I was pleased to see that there are plenty of USB points in the car and I just used the supplied cables to plug into those.
Both cameras were previously used in my XC90 Volvo. On that they were both plugged into the 12V sockets [lighter type] using the supplied USB adapters to convert to the required 5V and USB cables.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. Why would it? I've just fitted two cameras in my new Sorento. Although I had a spare hardwire kit, it so happens that I am not concerned with a parking monitor and prefer the cameras shut down when the car isn't driven. To that regard I was pleased to see that there are plenty of USB points in the car and I just used the supplied cables to plug into those.
Both cameras were previously used in my XC90 Volvo. On that they were both plugged into the 12V sockets [lighter type] using the supplied USB adapters to convert to the required 5V and USB cables.
well I didn’t now that did I and obviously that’s why I asked.

·
Registered
71 Posts
well I didn’t now that did I and obviously that’s why I asked.
Which is why I answered. :whistle: You asked and you got it. If you do not wish to have answers, best not to ask.
The way to think it out is to equate it to plugging any other electric or electronic device into the car, such as an iPad or phone, or even a CB [remember those?] into the car. None of which effect a car's warranty any more than a magic tree air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. If your gearbox goes 'BANG', it won't be denied warranty because of any of those properly wired with a fuse.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which is why I answered. :whistle: You asked and you got it. If you do not wish to have answers, best not to ask.
The way to think it out is to equate it to plugging any other electric or electronic device into the car, such as an iPad or phone, or even a CB [remember those?] into the car. None of which effect a car's warranty any more than a magic tree air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. If your gearbox goes 'BANG', it won't be denied warranty because of any of those properly wired with a fuse.
I appreciate answers but not condescending ones. Thank you for you input and I loved the old CBs 10/4 good buddy

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
Breaker on 19 :)

Never say Never.
It is possible that if you have electrical issues that if a hard wired dash cam was found, they may decide that it could be the cause, just the same as 3rd party wired towing electrics can be if official kits not used.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Hi Hookey2906

As with all modifications outside Kia, hardwiring a dash cam won't automatically invalidate the warranty. However, if an issue arises and is linked back to the third party work or part, that particular claim would be rejected.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.