Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the full extent of warranty coverage?, My son took his 2009 Proceed to the dealers today with a knocking from the nearside front wheel ( the anti roll bar linkage was replaced 3 months ago due to the same noise) the dealer said the anti roll bar linkage was worn and needed replacing which they would have to charge for as it was due to wear and tear , until it was pointed out that they replaced the same part 3 months ago under warranty, so they agreed to do it on the warranty. The question is - is the anti roll bar linkage a wear part in the same way as brake pads etc which you know are not covered by warranty, and if it is what else is not covered for the same reason?, also regardless of the fact it had just been replaced should it last longer than the 34000 miles the first one lasted?, also is there another reason the linkage has gone again or is it just a duff part

·
Registered
437 Posts
Being it sounds like they have no clue, its possible the first part was not replaced with a MODIFIED part. Everything that is deemed to have failed due to manufacturing defect is covered, Batteries only 2 years, but any major stuff is covered.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I was going to enquire about my ARB`s which are knocking very badly.
My Pro is lowered - only slightly on Kias sport springs and has covered just shy of 70k and on these Norfolk roads it takes a bit of a pounding.

If the dealers nr me had agreed to do it under warrent they charge me about £36 for a car while mines being worked and I have a mate that owns a garage that`s sorting them for me (tomorrow night funnily enough) for virtually the same price.

My rear pads are being replaced also so it`s a no brainer for me.

I find it strange that it has had the work done previously and that it`s covered so little milage prior to failing again, I wouldn`t be happy with 3 months.....definately a faulty part rather than wear and tear.
Edited by: drakey

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr Kia said:
Being it sounds like they have no clue, its possible the first part was not replaced with a MODIFIED part. Everything that is deemed to have failed due to manufacturing defect is covered, Batteries only 2 years, but any major stuff is covered.[/QUOT
I have to say my recent trip to the dealer(different one my son lives down south) about a problem with my Sportage was met with a very appathetic response of see if it gets worse, I wonder ifKia are trying to reduce warranty costs.
I note the Modified part you mention We were not awarethat the part had beenmodified parts i assume therehas been a problem with this before

1 - 4 of 4 Posts