Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie here.

I'm about to buy a 59 plate facelift ceed 2 crdi (113) from a motorstore (not main dealer). Its a well known motorstore so i do trust them - the Ceed has a 7 year warranty sticker in the rear window.

Yesterday i noted down the reg of the vehicle and had a look at when it was registered, it was registered on 09th Dec 09. On Kia's website it states that all Kia's registered after 01st Jan 2010 have a full 7 year transferable warranty as standard. I rang my local kia dealer and spoke to the service dept who confirmed by the reg that it does have 7 years warranty but couldnt tellme whether it was full or just powertrain etc (which i believe the previous warranty was?)

What was the previous warranty on Cee'ds before this new full 7 year and do you think i just have an exception to the rule here?

The only reason im getting this one is because of the warranty, fuel economy, road tax and the fact that im getting it for £11,000 with only 4k on the clock :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh ok. It was item 13 and 14 from that FAQ that made me question it all in the first place. I will have to check whether its a Kia approved used sale (which i doubt but i'll check).

What were the terms of the previous 7 year warranty, was it limited to certain parts of the car or was it just engine etc?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Not sure but on 06 to 07 reg cars I think the first 3years was total cover. But from then I think it just covered mechanicals engine gearbox .

·
Registered
887 Posts
Cee'd started of as davy states, but they retrospectively upgraded all to full 7 year coverage, up to 3 years is unlimited miles, then from 3-7 years 100k mile limit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts