Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well the title says it all.A1 year old car with scabby alloys.
Response from kia dealer.They may leave the corroding alloys and let the problem develop to see how it goes.
Next response why they had not contacted me after sending photo's to Kia Uk .Their broadband has been down, What for over 3 weeks, I don't think so.
BUYERS BEWARE ...... LEAVE KIA ALONE. 7 year warranty WORTHLESS.
MR VERY UNHAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
How bad are they. You make out as if you've been fobbed off, but if they are showing only very early signs, they will of course want to see how things develop.
When they get to a point where the corrosion is blatently obvious, they replace them, they have to, you have a 7 year warranty.

We went through the same issue on the Chrysler 300c, I had 4 sets in 3 years.

Trust me, when they start to corode,then they'll deteriorate quite quickly. (6 - 8 weeks)

So others can see at which point you have been refused, can you post some photo's.

Oh, and you can't blame Kia for poor customer services from your dealer.

If your dealer is bad, then let your boots do the talking.
Edited by: keat99

·
Registered
96 Posts
U need to get a life and stop moaning just because u think ur KIA is crap don't mean u have to start telling people not to buy them my KIA is great love It to bits and KIA couldn't do more to uelp when I have a problem if u don't like it sell it

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
steveji said:
U need to get a life and stop moaning just because u think ur KIA is crap don't mean u have to start telling people not to buy them my KIA is great love It to bits and KIA couldn't do more to uelp when I have a problem if u don't like it sell it

All is not lost we are constructing a moaners section and it will be run by Mr Unhappy

·
Registered
525 Posts
AutoCar magazine were running a Sportage and they had corroding wheels replaced by KIA.

I would do some hunting on thiere website and find the article......

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Steve, can you tell me the dealer where you get your uelp from and I will give them a call about my alloys.PS I have a very good life ,thank you.
PPS the car will be up for sale as soon as I get the new alloys. It does'nt look too good with the corroding alloys (not a very good selling point!)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Keat99, look out for mine, also orange ,but with scabby alloys. I will try and upload some pictures. It was hard trying to photo as without the flash you see very little, with the flash the light bounces back, but I will post some.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I just had a thought while removing the spare just now...

If they replace the corroded machined face alloys with painted silver ones, do they replace the spare too? Otherwise, it won't match the rest of the wheels.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
steveji said:
Boongate peterborough that's a fair point
I would show you the problem with my wheels, but I am having just as much luck uploading the pictures.
If you PM me your e-mail address I could send you the pictures that way,then you would understand why I am so unhappy. My last car was a toyota avensis that I sold when 3 yrs old and the wheels on that were as good as when the car was new.
I dread to think how much a new set of alloys would be,Possibly over £2000 for a set, I don't know! But that is money I dont want to have to shell out on a 12 month old car.
If I decide to trade it in, do you think even a Kia dealer would overlook the condition of the wheels? I dont think so.
I had to wait over 7 months for delivery of the car, now this. Would you not be unhappy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Dear Mr Unhappy,

I am sorry to hear about your problems. As I've posted before, my dealer Kia Fishbrothers in Swindon took a few pictures and rang me on my mobile a few days later to say Kia would replace all 4 wheels under warranty. Only 1 wheel was bad the others had the start of corrosion. Clearly your problem is with your delaer as Kia recognise the issue. I would try another dealer in the area or Customer Services becuase you should not have your enjoyment ruined by a problem that by all accounts is usually sorted out quickly and easily.

Chris

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chris.castel said:
Dear Mr Unhappy,

I am sorry to hear about your problems. As I've posted before, my dealer Kia Fishbrothers in Swindon took a few pictures and rang me on my mobile a few days later to say Kia would replace all 4 wheels under warranty. Only 1 wheel was bad the others had the start of corrosion. Clearly your problem is with your delaer as Kia recognise the issue. I would try another dealer in the area or Customer Services becuase you should not have your enjoyment ruined by a problem that by all accounts is usually sorted out quickly and easily.

Chris
Thanks again for the positive message. I am spending today contacting other Kia dealers in the area to see what their opinions are. if that does not bring a positive result I will contact Kia customer services myself, but as i mentioned to one member, we should not have to chase warranty issues up ourselves. Not on a 12 month old car.
Ps have you noticed, there are a lot of Sportage owners called Chris !

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Mr Unhappy.
I'll PM you my email address, send me the images and I'll drop them on one of my servers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This is a common problem and not just with Kia 1 of the reasons i sold my old car (Mazda 2 at less than 3yrs old) both front alloys shot and Mazda did'nt want to know.
So bought the new Rio it's wheels seem good at 6 months but i'm tending to clean them a bit more often.

Edited by: Armac08

·
Registered
399 Posts
Many car forums that I have visited have a moaners thread, and they all throw mud at the manufacturer. But 99% of owners are quite happy!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
keat99 said:
Please see Mr Unhappy's images.

www.cabletiefan.co.uk/webimages/kia-alloy1.jpg

www.cabletiefan.co.uk/webimages/kia-alloy2.jpg

www.cabletiefan.co.uk/webimages/kia-alloy3.jpg

Theylook pretty bad, but no where near as bad as they were on my Chrysler.
Thanks for Keat99 for helping get my photo's onto the site.
All 4 wheels are exactly the same with corrosion all the way around the rims.
I have just called another dealer who has said that this is a warranty claim and if my local dealer is not prepared to deal with it they will, so hopefully things are looking up.
Thanks again Keat99

1 - 20 of 60 Posts