Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish me luck , As I go into battle .
Ive had a paint thickness test done on the body work & hoping that Kia will repair the deep stone chips on my rear door & wheel arch .

I also had the guy go over the interior & take pictures of the damage to door panels & the rear of the centre console .

I laid it on thick about how other owners are having simular issues & how Kia have added extra protection to the rear door , so it must be a recognised problem . I also mentioned that some owners have had to have new interior door panels . I aslo went on about how I intended on keeping the vehicle for some time , but put off now due to the care its gonna take to keep it without further damage . I said that I find myself watching people getting in & out , plus avoiding carrying anything in the cabin , so if it moved it couldn't rub on the door panels .

My wifes Carens doesn't suffer like this & she takes less care of her vehicles compaired to me .

Now i just have to wait & see what happens

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
get your dealer behind you and when you speak to the head office at Kia, dont take no for an answer..... when they fob you off just ask to speak to their superior. Follow with an email and as you have done state that other owners are/have had the same issues and that Kia have put their damage right and have set a presidence. At least 4 other owners in the UK have had similar work done on their car under warranty.... i was one of them.

The interior damage you may well struggle with tho. The early cars had softer plastics, but yours is the newer tougher one..... even if you get them to replace them, without care on your part they will get damaged again. The car cant cope with boisterous kids in all honesty.(even tho it should beable to).

·
Registered
662 Posts
best of luck but be aware what the warranty book says, warranty is there to cover manafacturing defects that may occur dureuing the warranty cover i would suspect that they will cover the paintwork but not scratched door panels however i do agree that some of the models do have plastics that mark VERY EASY a gentle rub with some wd 40 on a soft cloth helps hide some

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have a scratch on the glove box lid Paul , would the WD 40 be ok for this area without causing damage?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I will give a try later in the week inc a mark on the dash where the white has shown through,covered at the moment with a dark fibre tip pen/marker.Mant thanks Paul

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I will try it later in the week Tempest and let you know how I get on with it,I have quite a mark to get rid of.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after just over three weeks heard back from Kia

Internal door panels , have said that they are not covered by the warrenty & that I should go back to customer services , as they sent ne to the dealership in the first place , Im guessing there just playing with me .

The paint work issue is still ongoing & the Kia warrenty guy will get back to me once he has some news .

Round two - go again to costumer services . how many of you guys have got scratches that were done due to the poor quality of the plastic , would be good to give them some figures from other UK owners .

·
Registered
662 Posts
Raider said:
Well after just over three weeks heard back from Kia

how many of you guys have got scratches that were done due to the poor quality of the plastic ,

unfortunatly plastic does not scratch its self it usualy takes an interaction with another material thats usualy my kids shoes
perhaps i should write to clarks and ask them to make compatable rubber soles

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine scratches up around the door handles and i see the new one,s have now got a softer plastic around them, so someone has taken notice , me little un will put her feet on the cubby door in the front so thats well scratched now. Anyroad Raider best of luck with your claim.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Raider already has the tougher interior and i am guessing the later rubberised dash like on Anchormans car.... so it could only be replacement not improvement of components.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wifes got a 2003 Carens & that doesn't scratch as easy as mine .

I had a Freelander before the Soul & that didn't scratch anywhere as easy as this does , zips & keys etcI understand will mark the interior , but none sharp objects can mark it , The big scratch on my passenger door ( I think) was done by the metal end of the seat belt .

Some of the other marks are caused by shoes & there not sharp .

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the point i am making is that they cant replace the damaged items with anything better at the moment. Maybe the 2012 models will be better again - and you had better push for some of those bits?.

But yes i do agree that the Soul interior is not as hard wearing as a family car needs to be.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The big problem is the poor quality of the plastics on the soul, Are you telling me that Kia do not take into account the use that the car is likely to get when choosing materials like trim. If this is the case Paulthen they are not going to get very far. In the past they have made cheap and cheerfull cars sold into a market where because of the price they have got away with it,not anymore if they want to progress. The attiude of the comapny and some of the dealers will have to cahnge from small minded ,small business attitude into a more customer orientated approach.I am sure that within Kia there are still managers etc who still have the same attitude that they had 5 years ago ,some dealers as well, times have moved on.If Kia want to play in the grown up market then their products and service will have to be BETTER than the rivals as they have it all to prove.I have been driving since the 60s and have driven 70k per year in all sorts of makes of car but this soul has marked on the plastics far worse than any car I have had before.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well after getting knocked back by Kia customer services & putting in a claim via a friend at Kia . Igot the bad news from them last week that there was nothing they could do . I had my first service & body inspectiontoday ( booked in where i bought the vehicle ) & while it was in I went over the stone chip issue no harm in trying again .
I got a text to say my car was ready for collection& when I went inI was expecting to get thewhole "theres nothing we can do "story but instead they said its been agreed they will respray / polish any chips in the rear doors / arches . They just need to get back to me with dates the body shop can do it .

Now i don't know if third time lucky & they did it to shut me up , but who knows . Im just glad it worked

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
well done..... they did the same with me for the bodywork.

Just had a new speedo and reversing camera fitted under warranty too... all done without question.

·
Registered
283 Posts
tempest said:
well done..... they did the same with me for the bodywork.

Just had a new speedo and reversing camera fitted under warranty too... all done without question.
Fair do's but why did you need them?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts