Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line (poverty spec) HEV Infra Red.
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to sound a little vague but here we go, when I chuck the car in hard left or right I get what sounds like a “warning sound” no lights come up to accompany the audible, any thoughts as I’m baffled.

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
583 Posts
Can you record a clip with your smart device (phone) and attach it to this thread for us to hear it too?

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is going to sound a little vague but here we go, when I chuck the car in hard left or right I get what sounds like a “warning sound” no lights come up to accompany the audible, any thoughts as I’m baffled.
I get the Stability Control light come on when I do that but don't remember a chime. Sounds like your hatch might not be closed properly!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked all doors etc and all fine. Have further identified it to be a "chime" generated by the head unit not only when cornering hard but also when hitting a bad dip in the road. I have been through all the settings to try to identify the source but cannot find anything. Any offers ?

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
583 Posts
Did you figure what that was?
I noticed that when the "low fuel" warning light first appeared yesterday (I don't like to wait until then), and in hard corners indeed the warning chimed!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tank more than half full, further testing has shown “chime” generated more by a combination of vertical and lateral deflection. No visual warning. Bemused.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just had a alcohol inspired thought, it may be possible that the G sensor is saving files and giving an audible notification.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts