Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a warning light come on the dash of my sedona 2.9 le diesel its on the right hand side next to the immo light looks like a ladies womb in shap and dripping can anyone advise what this light is please, cant find my manual.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
702 Posts
If its a diesel the only thing that loks like a womens womb(just checked against the wifes) is the Sedimentor level warning . Book says excessive water accumulating in the fuel filter. The sedimentor is at the bottom of the fuel filter with the warning switch at the bootom with the wires coming out. Get some diesel and empty the fuel filter refill with fresh diesel and open the little wing nut type thing and pump the air out of the filter retighten and hopefully it will start and continue to run. If not you need to do a full re bleed of the system

Book also says continued running with the light on may damage the engine.
Edited by: bruno1926

·
Registered
702 Posts
Viking Paul said:
uk sedona's dont have tps
I didn't think so when he said thats what it was it seemed strange. Anyway why do we brits need them a quick kick of the tyres is all we need
. The only thing I can imagine it would be is the Sedimentor light Edited by: bruno1926

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its a loose wire on your fuel heater. Its located under the air filter at the back of the block. Its a well known issue with the 2.9 diesel engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine did this, and when it came on it would give a spurt of pressure on the accelerator, got it serviced and is now good, it means there is too much air intake and u will damage the engine, get it serviced and then try it.xx

·
Registered
192 Posts
its the sedimeter it catches water and sediment in the fuel as the sedona doesnt have an inline fuel filter it has a plug at the bottom of the filter put a cloth under the filter and turn the white plug anti clockwise and it will drain the water onto the cloth when it stops tutn the plug the other way problem solved .

·
Registered
13 Posts
crooker said:
Its a loose wire on your fuel heater. Its located under the air filter at the back of the block. Its a well known issue with the 2.9 diesel engine.
Bingo! Just fixed mine and lo the damn orange light has gone out!
I checked the fuel filter numerous times before finding these threads.

My greatest thanks to you all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same warning light lit up on my 03 2.9 CRDI It drives completely fine regardless. I shall try the remedies posted here and let you all know how I get on.Thanks for the posts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts