Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But cant find this one in the manual????

Tried topping up both water and oil but light stays on.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its saying there is water in your fuel filter. Dead easy to sort out. Just replace your filter. They are around £18.

·
Registered
195 Posts
even easier than that.

you may/may not have to remove the bracket from the body to gain access to the bottom of the filter.
over a suitable container (small marg tub will be fine) loosed the screw cap in the bottom, the water will flow out, when deisel starts to come through (or the filter is empty) tighten the screw backup.

Prime to filter with the bulb pump, and fire the engine up. you may need to re-prime a second time, I do with mine.

Edited by: timtheenchanteruk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was recomended to change mine completely by the RAC man when I had water in mine. Apparently the filter would'nt be anygood once water had contaminated it.

But try draining it first. Then keep us up to date on how it preforms.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure how urgent it is, but when mine came on I was on the A1 North, and because it was red I stopped and got the RAC in. He drained it but didnt have a new one.

It was ok to carry on with my journey, but he said change it asap.

It is located to the left of the engine, at the front , just infront of the water screen wash bottle. It has 3 pipes coming out of the top.

·
Registered
390 Posts
paulfoel said:
thanks. will take a look.
Hi. Dependent on year and model the primer/pump on fuel filter is on top of the filter, about1- 1.1/2 inch diameter with a small posi screw in centre. This is spring loaded when you prime/pump. It is a screw fit like an oil filter. Other models the fuel filter has 3 tubes on the top of the filter. I have ordered 3 dif ones for mine trying to find the correct one. Mine 2001 'Y' sedona 2.9 tdi s. £35ish from dealerships.
Thanks Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm. Changed filter this am. Forgot to prime it again which was a problem until I remembered.

But, I just unscrewed the plug/wire and plugged same back into new filter. Light still on.

Should I have taken the wire out and used new plug/sensor bit?

Wondering now if dash light is not something else. anyone got a pic?
Its red, like a water reservoir half full with pipes on left/right of ip with water droplet underneath.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
timtheenchanteruk said:

somthing like this? if so, it is the fuel filter warning light.
Yep. Thats it.

Like I said replaced old filter but just unscrewed the old plug/sensor and used that. I notice the new one came with a screw in plug.

Does this contain the sensor also? Should I have taken the wires out of the old plug and used the new plug?

·
Registered
195 Posts
no, this is just a travel pug, or for cars with no sensor, what you did is correct. try unplugging the sensor and see if the light goes out (dont know if its supposed to but if it does, it would suggest a fault with the sensor)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
timtheenchanteruk said:
no, this is just a travel pug, or for cars with no sensor, what you did is correct. try unplugging the sensor and see if the light goes out (dont know if its supposed to but if it does, it would suggest a fault with the sensor)
OK. thanks.

I guess theres always the possibility that its the sensor thats faulty all along? I did try to empty the water out of the original filter and not a huge amount came out to be honest.

But for £15 might as well change filter anyway - not sure when it was last done....

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I had trouble with mine, The Kia dealer said that the Sensor would have to be changed, that once it had been activated then it was spent and needed to be renewed with a filter.

Mine went off after the RAC Man had drained the original one. (About 5 miles after)

I changed that filter the next day, and touch wood the Sensor as not come back on since.

But with yours still being on, peraps it is spent, and it might be worth renewing it.

But is definately water in your fuel filter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks.

Hmmm. Light is still on.

It did come with a black plastic screw in plug bit but I just plugged the old one back in.
Im beginning to think this is the actual new sensor too because this was surrounded itself by a white plastic packing thing.

Or do you deffo have to buy sensor separately?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts