Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone this is my first post, about 2 weeks ago my wife braked in her kia carens 2005 crdi and the pedal fell off!! we telephoned kia assist and the rac came out, the guy said there was a nut missing of the pivot bolt on the brake pedal and he replaced it. I asked was there any need to go to the dealer and he said no. Anyway, the car had been booked in for a replacement window motor under warranty so i asked them to check the pedal box while they had it. When my wife called to collect the car, the workshop would not let it out.They said the bolt had never had a nut fitted in the first instance and a further examination revealed the pivot bolt on the clutch pedal had no nut attached either. He told me it had left the factory like this and that it was a very serious defect, he suggested i go home and wait for a call from kia as they will want to send someone to look at the box.
The call never came so i phoned the dealer they were very surprised as kia had simply told them to replace the box (i seen the email).Well, i got the car back today but when you bear in mind THAT THERE IS 52000 MILES on the vehicle I am wondering how many others are fitted with defective pedal boxes.My wife was lucky someone else may not be kia should do something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts