Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My mother has a Kia Picanto 2017 automatic model.. Yesterday when she started the car and proceed to driving the warning sounds began ringing.. but there is no indicator on the dash to suggest what the problem is.

When she slows down to a stop thr sound stops (without having to turn off the car). As soon as she starts driving it begins to ring.

When she detach her seat belt (while driving) the sound stops and the seatbelt warning sound begins (it makes a different kind of sound).

I believe the sound is similar to the hand brake's warning sound when it is not pushed down properly. Srill we tried to push it down to make sure it is proper, but that doesn't help.

Please advice us on what could be the problem.. there is no indication on the dash for any warning. Its just the sound while driving and it never stops unless the car stops.

Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. We are even afraid to drive all the way to the Kia store with the sound 馃槄

Registered
Is it the low temperature warning? It bings if it get's below 5C and displays a snowflake next to the temperature. Having said that it only should bing once at ignition on and again at any temperature changes as you drive.

Registered
Does your mum have AA or RAC membership?

Might be worth a call to put your mind at rest before driving the car again.

Super Moderator
Handbag on passenger seat and its moving back and forwards.

Or as above its the temp BONG

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks forthe suggestions.
I was in the passenger seat the whole timeand always wear my seat belt.

But today we did not hear the sound.. I hope it stays that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts