Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Folks,
Over the past few days during this cold snap I've heard both our Venga and my Father in laws Rio give off a "treble beep" and flag up an ice warning.Now i'm led to believe that there are other patterns of beeps, to warn the driver of other problems sush as brakes, bulb failure, and so on.
I've checked the handbook, but nothing is listed in there, I just wondered if anyone knew or or had a list of the beep patterns and what they meant.
It may well be that you always get the "treble beep" as a warning, but thenthe dash will flag up the fault.

Cheers Ian

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beep. beep, beep, Much the same sound as the seatbelst warning.
My Father in law said he gets graphic up with a road and snowflake on it .
Now my wife states, she has heard the beep, but thought it was due to her handbag geing on the seat. When asked about any graphics, all i got was " sorry even I can't type the reply".

Ian

·
Administrator
7,473 Posts
Seriously...mine beeps to to alert me of ice.
Not sure where you find out the list of these beep alerts.
Could as Kia cust services to find out i guess.
Ill go nextdoor to the kia dealer next week and ask if they know.
Paul

·
Registered
574 Posts
Go read about annoying temp bleeps in Sportage 2010+ forum. When temp drops to 5 deg, it bleeps, if it rises to 6 and then down to 5, it bleeps again

Also been suggested if it drops to -5 and then rises, it does it again.

sorry,haven't found any doc on other warnings, but they are all accompanied by a dash display Ibelieve.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks Mr Moderator >>>or should it just me Sir."Highlander tugs forelock, and attempts a curtsy. Now suffering from rupture due to claymore handle".
Jings its a bummer when you've got Royalty in your midst.

Ian

·
Registered
574 Posts
You're welcome, I'll refrain from the Beam Me Up jokes and being regimental - but I bet heated seat's help

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Mine does not beep for low temp, but then, it is always beeping when I go over the set speed limit on downhills (which is every few yards round here, only relieved by going uphill), so I might have missed it!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jings wheesht, Paul man, watch whit your sayin.The Moderator o the Church o Scotland is amongst us.
Ah bet ye didna notice hoo oor Stu wis struck dumb whin he saw the work Moderator

Ian.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts