Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Glad to see more and more peeps on here.
10k miles now on my Pro CEED 2.0CRDi! First service has been and gone, not a pleasant experience..... battery light came on a few days before, had a local auto electric mechanic(who is alongtime friend)look and he confirmed my suspicion of it being the voltagerectifier in the alternator(symptoms of the light flashing faster and harder as the revs increase) therefore not giving an accurate voltage to the cars' system and 'upsetting' the ECU brain possibly causing problems throughout including slowerresponse of the esp system...... anyway told dealer to look into it ..... came back with "we need to check with Kia to get them to authorise any warrantee work needed" therefore until Kia and my local dealer get their heads together which is now nearly a week, I have a car that may or may not be safe to driveand/or running correctly!! I spoke to Kia yesterday and they told me that as far as they were concerned my dealer hadn't been in any contact with them, and believe this or not ANY warrantee work MUST BE AUTHORISED BY KIA before it's carried out!!! Thedealerwas meant to have called Kia on Monday and let me know what was happening immediately....no responsefrom them at all! GOD HELP US ALL IF THIS IS THE CASE FOR THE NEXT SEVEN YEARS!!!!

The courtesy car they gave me showed their enthusiasm to keep new customers ...... a 'V' reg Hyundai Lantra which I don't think had seen a sponge or water this year let alone a hoover since it was new. There were half smoked cigarettes in the centre console and on the floor. Surely now with smoking bans in company cars this is illegal????To me, a courtesy car should be an advert for the professionalism of a dealer. I've hired better cars when on holiday in the Dominican!!!!

If anyone from Kia is reading this please take note that things need to improve your aftersales service if you want to promote these new cars you are releasing and keep your new customers happy!!! The cars will sell themselves... you need to sell your service and get things uptodate in the service departments ..... If a dealer can't diagnose a faulty alternator without getting in touch with your 'technical department' then you need to take a close look at your dealer network and authorised service centres!!!!!

I'm trying a different dealer today to see if they are any more 'helpful' and maybe communicate with myself and Kia to resolve this problem. Maybe I've just been unlucky with my first choice of dealer but I hope that Kia will pull their finger out and come into the 21st century with their backup and aftersales and not still stuck in a rut with their old 'reputation'

Enough of my ranting now ...... apart from that the car is great, fuel economy is awsome regularly 60mpg on a run and on the motorway stick with the lorries and you'll get 70+ ..... bit boring though!!

Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your dealer certainly sounds far from impressive. A change might be a good plan.

It is quite common where warranty is concerned, for the manufacturer to give technical recommendation and require pre-authorisation when lengthy diagnosis may be required. Standard obvious issues shouldn't normally need it though as the failed part goes back to the manufacturer, and the labour is a standard menu pricing figure.
It shouldn't be a problem either way if manufacturer and dealer are efficient.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Steve,
Firstly, great to hear that you have been enjoying your time with the pro and are still happy with the car itself

Sadly the service from your dealer/Kia sounds woefuly poor, and not at all what they lead us to expect when selling us the car. I would be very upset by this kind of treatment, and as you quite rightly sugest the state of the courtesy car is a strong indicator of their lacklustre performance in general.

I would insist on seeing the dealership manager for "a chat" to find out if he/she is aware of the poor performance of the staff, and try to get things sorted out. You shouldn't have to resort to "trying" another dealer to get decent service.

I hope things get sorted asap for you..........

Thanks for taking the time to give us an update.........atb. jamie.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again folks.
Right, update time ..... the dealership I took it to was Browns Lane Garage in Coventry..... They are apparently giving up the Kia dealership at the end of July and Kia service is finished at the end of the year so no real surprise that the people I spoke to weren't really that bothered about my custom!!!

Jamie, I spoke to the OWNER of the business
and he accused me of calling both himself and his service manager liars!!!Just showswhat you're up against at times!!

Anyway, took the Pro to KIA WARWICK
, much more helpful!! Even though they didn't even look at the car they listened to my problems and talked to me not 'down' to me!!I had confidence in both what they were telling me and what they said they would do and although their courtesy cars are only picanto's they are clean and only a couple of years old!!!!! They've had manyof Browns Lane customers going in with woeful tales of being pushed away or fobbed off...... so, if you've got a Kia, live in Coventry and are looking for a local dealer go to Warwick!!!

Anyway, We're booked in for next Wednesday so I'll give you an update after that ...... hopefully it'll be good news!!!

Glad to hear you're all enjoying your cars still!!

Oh, forgot to say .... seen another on the road..... A white Pro3 on the M40 last week ...... if you're reading this ..... YOU WERE SPEEDING!!!!! I could tell you were speeding cos you were behind me!!!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I actually saw a mettalic grey pro_cee'd in service as a driving instructors car in Norwich about a week ago.......i guess the warranty will be extremely useful for that job..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi again folks.......
Well, after having the alternator replaced all is now going well!!! nearly 14000 miles on the clock and going strong. Still averaging well into the 50's mpg and that's with the aircon on .... been a nice relief this week!!!!!

Sorry to hear some of you aren't having such a good time with the 1600 engine .... hope Kia can find what's causing the problems...... sounds like they haven't got the technical background for diagnosing such 'modern' cars . . . . . . Fingers crossed!!!!!!

Well, I'm off into the garden and openning a big bottle of red wine ..... STUFF THE ROADS TODAY!!!!! lol

Laters Dudes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there

I am new to this forum, have been reading with interest about the poor customer service provided by Kia. I have just ordered a Pro sport through the internet. I was initially going to buy the 1.6 crd pro 3 as the main dealer where I live (Durham) was giving diesels for the price of petrols.

I am concerned that so many on the forum seem to be having problems with these cars which carry a 7 year warranty. I currenlty drive a Skoda Fabia VRS have had it for 4 years and have done nearly 90 thousand miles. the only problem I have had is a wheel bearing go on the passenger side and the rear window washer motor. I chose the pro sport as it has identical performance figures.

Has anyone got any tips I should look out for for potential problems.

Looking forward to the new car but will be sorry to see the yellow peril go

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't be put off by owners forums like this. The cars are basically good. The dealer network and back up overall probably less so.

I think whichever manufacturers forum you browse you will always find the people with issues to air.

I still have a couple of problems with my Pro-Ceed, but at least my local dealer cares, and I believe will eventually find the problems. Others have been less lucky.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply, you mentioned that you have had a few problems what have they been nothing major I hope.

Which Pro-ceed are you driving is it petrol or deisel? Is this your first Kia, my ex wife used to have a Pride years ago and it was a very reliable little run around

Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Hong kong fuey,
Welcome to the club and forum, you say you've ordered a pro sport, is that the 2.0 crdi like mine........most people seem to be buying the 1.6 crdi, and a few of those seem to be suffering from gremlins with the fuel/engine electronics, causing power loss or hesitation problems

Please feel free to tell us a little more (what colour etc).

Will you have to wait long for delivery? How much did you save online? What motor do you currently drive?

Sorry for all the questins, but i'm nosey.....

Good luck.............jamie.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Jamie

No Problem I think I saved about 1700 on line, I was going to get a Pro ceed 3 1.6 high output but it took that long to sort the finance out the deal was off. Dealer was giving diesels for the price of petrols.

I have ordered a white one, thought it looked brill. I currently drive a yellow Skoda VRS which I love and the pro ceed's performance figures are almost identical so thats why I chose the Sport version. What is you MPG like at the moment I do a lot of miles for work so thats important.

Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Steve, sorry i'm soo slow in replying been rather busy lately. My pro is just coming up to 5000 miles now and getting faster all the time (seriously upset a bloke in a BMW 118d the other morning).
I'm not an economical driver and only travel 7 miles each way to work, (mostly on a good B road) and with a few longer runs thrown in i am averaging 46.5mpg over the last 1800 miles. I'm sure you could easily better that driving economicaly.

I bet you'll be sad to see the Skoda go, but i'm equally sure you'll love the Pro_cee'd. I came from a Focus ST 225 and am loving the mix of economy and performance from my Pro.

All the best........jamie.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Jamie, don;t worry about the late reply, just come back from Spain in holiday. I flew there and had ordered a clio to drive around in and guess what I got a Kia Picanto.Not the fastest car on the road but it got us where we wanted to be.

Yeh I will miss my vrs but I am looking forward to picking up the pro ceed which shouldn;t be to long. I recieved a word that its in the country and I have to pay the final ammount so am hoping that I can pick it up in the next few days, will let you know my thoughts on it. Focus is a great car my mum and dad had one road holding was superb. My work mate has an RS which he keeps on the drive. has a Fiesta st which he uses for work. Can;t see the point of buying a car to keep on drive. Anyway will let you know what I think if the car when I get it

Steve

·
Registered
887 Posts
Your dealer is talking poop!
KIa warranty is VERY good, this is how the system works in fact:

Every dealer has a set limit they can claim up to without prior authority, for example £500.
If your car comes in for warranty work for less than £500 per claim, then it can be done immediatley depending on parts being available.
However, if it's over that limit, dealer submits a GSW reques,t this goes to tech dept to basically confirm your diagnosis is correct, you then submit a PWA on thew warranty system, all this will take a MAXIMUM of a day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hong kong fuey said:
Hi thanks for the reply, you mentioned that you have had a few problems what have they been nothing major I hope.

Which Pro-ceed are you driving is it petrol or deisel? Is this your first Kia, my ex wife used to have a Pride years ago and it was a very reliable little run around

Steve
Oops! I somehow missed your question of six months ago! Sorry! Both of my problems were fairly unknown back in August, but well known now I believe. The car is a 1.6CRDi Pro-Ceed.

The first problem was a tendency for the car to lose power and go into "limp home" mode around half a mile after starting, when accelerating. This was diagnosed eventually as air entrapment in the fuel system. A revised fuel filter resolves it.

The second problem is a steering column ratlle that can be resolved by fitting a revised rubber coupling between the column and the power assist motor. I am still awaiting supply of the revised coupling, but haven't been pushing the dealer too much as yet.

Probably the most annoying think was that Kia UK seemed to be denying the existance of either problem and its solution depite lots of internet information from other markets.

Nevertheless, I am still very pleased with my choice, and fairly pleased with my dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts