Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for a set of KX-3 alloys wheels (and tyres preferably). If you have a set for sale please let me know.

Many thanks,
Meenrod

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lol, i wouldnt put any other wheels on my KX3 to be honest. First set of OEM wheels i have really and i mean REALLY liked!!
Most of the time when i have had other cars, MINI, 330ci convertible and so on i have changed the wheel's inside the first month.

I LOVE THE KX3 alloys though!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you need them in a hurry then I'd imagine you'd need to purchase new from the dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried that, but at £350 per wheel plus VAT, then adding the costs of tyres on top it becomes a rather expensive exercise!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately not- the car is a company car, and our list contains the KX-2 only, with its puny 17" wheels. I can sneak on KX-3 wheels as they are OEM and to be honest no-one would notice. However aftermarket would be obvious and isn't something I could do.

Been though it all in my head!

Cheers,

Meenrod

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, why not?

I pay £250 per month in company car tax for the 3 years I have the car. That is the same as some people's loan amounts- so what if I don't 'own' the car in the technical sense- what difference does it actually make?

The difference is I don't pay for fuel, road tax, insurance, servicing or repairs and after the 3 year period I choose another car.

Plus, I can then sell the alloys and get some more for the next car.

Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I hope the tax man doesn't read your post - keep an eye on your P11D calculation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
P11D is the tax you pay for BIK (benefit in kind)- given that I'd pay for the wheels with my own money it doesn't affect it in any way, since they are not a 'benefit'.

Wow. This thread is way off topic.

Still looking for a set of KX3 wheels :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did the same as you Meenrod - had fully expensed Volve C70 T5 [fuel, maintenance etc] but didn't like the wheels so put my own ones on and then replaced with originals when handed back - a 3 yr old car without any kerbed alloyslooked impressive !!

Unfortunatelythe150K miles I put on it meant theywere virtually the only originalparts that hadn't been replaced!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha! That's amusing.The chances are I'llsell the originals now and just leave the new alloys on hen I hand it back- I'm sure no-one will notice. Edited by: Meenrod

·
Registered
140 Posts
"P11D is the tax you pay for BIK (benefit in kind)- given that I'd pay for the wheels with my own money it doesn't affect it in any way, since they are not a 'benefit'. "

It's not the wheels that could affect your P11D it's thefuel, road tax, insurance, servicing and repairs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's exactly right- the wheels won't affect it.

However, the tax liable calculated for the P11Dis based on BIK (Benfits in Kind) which are 3 things-

1. List price,

2. C02 emisisons

3. My tax bracket.

Servicing, road tax, repairsetc. have nothng to do with the P11D.

So, no need to be concerned if the 'tax man' reads the post.

·
Registered
140 Posts
He already has

There are currently 14 sections on the P11D:
<UL =list>
<LI>Section A ""“ Assets Transferred
<LI>Section B ""“ Payments made on behalf of the employee
<LI>Section C ""“ Credit Cards and vouchers
<LI>Section D ""“ Living Accommodation
<LI>Section E ""“ Mileage Allowances
<LI>Section F ""“ Cars and car fuel
<LI>Section G ""“ Company Vans
<LI>Section H ""“ Beneficial Loans
<LI>Section I ""“ Medical Health
<LI>Section J ""“ Qualifying Relocation Payments
<LI>Section K ""“ Services Supplied
<LI>Section L ""“ Assets placed at employee's disposal
<LI>Section M ""“ Other Items
<LI>Section N ""“ Expenses Payments </LI>[/list]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Belgrade. Are you a Tax Man?

Meanrod - as people are waiting 10 plus months to get a Sportage they are not likely to have any spare wheels. You would of course increase your emissions an fuel consumption. The KX-2 wheels are ok and no where near puny. Apparently th 18" wheels are less forgiving on our crap potholed roads!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts