Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia Soul 20" Alloys

Looking for alloys for the Soul. Want 20" size

Not bothered too much about kerb damage as will have them custom sprayed. The must be straight and round.

Please PM me if you have anything of interest. Will travel to collect.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
you do realise that with the appropriate section tyre on those to keep the speedo true, a decent pothole will seriously damage them. One of the custom mags put 20s on and commented later that they would be going down to 19s as soon as they could.

I am not trying to spoil your fun - just making you aware of others experiences.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tempest said:
you do realise that with the appropriate section tyre on those to keep the speedo true, a decent pothole will seriously damage them. One of the custom mags put 20s on and commented later that they would be going down to 19s as soon as they could.I am not trying to spoil your fun - just making you aware of others experiences.
Can you post any pictures of the soul on 20s? To go from 18" to 19" is not worthwhile TBH, 20" will look superb.

I'm well aware of tyre profiles, run many previous car on 30 or 35 profile tyres, stretched tyres to larger wheels etc ...

The uk prices for new 20" with tyres are stupid priced, I wont spend £1500+ when the wheels being aftermarket later on will be worth very little.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
go on the USA forum and search for a thread by Inked Soul, the thread is called "under construction"... he has pics of his 20 inch wheels..... it looks fab.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
there is another thread on the USA forum with a poll on wheel size..... there is a white soul with 20 inch wheels that looks totally incredible - and he claims the ride is no worse than the 18s. I think its pie in the sky myself and the roads must be like polished glass where he lives...... but each to their own.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I would think it looks good on 20" but for everyday use a bit inpracticle. I knackered one of my 16" 225x45 wheels on my other car in a pothole one dark winter night so what would happen with a 30 or 35 profile wheel hitting the same pothole I dread to think,rather you than me Z.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts