Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, you have probably heard this a hundred times before, but i have just bought a Soul echo and

wondered if anyone had fitted 195/55s on 16in alloys. Would they look naff or should I go for 205s?

I have also heard conflicting reports about the wheel offset, what is it?

Hope someone can help, seems like a very friendly forum.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 114.3

Thread Size: 12 x 1.50

OEM Hex: 21mm

Hub Ring: 67.1

Offset: +54 (Confirmed on the inside of the Rim aswell)

225/45-18 this is the size for the factory 18"

205/55-16 this is the size for the factory 16"

195/65-15 this is the size for the factory 15"

i assume you are unhappy with the lumpy ride and noise of the 18s and want a bit of comfort. Personally i think the 16 wheels look fine, especially in black - tho i do prefer the 18s for looks only. Tyre width....you are only talking 10mm difference..... could anybody really spot the difference???..... i doubt it. But you will be rewarded with a much cheaper and wider choice of tyre - to improve the ride quality and road noise still further.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
18" wheels look really good and the ride is more than acceptable though the tyres are a little high on cost,I think the 15" look to small but certainly the ride on the 16" is a little better than the 18" but not worthlosing the good looks of the 18" wheels which do give better handling than the 15" and 16" wheels.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There are several posts on tyre noise. I get no noticeable noise with 16's.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Tyre noise is not a problem with the 18" Hankooks but I have nothing to compare it with really on other Souls only other cars I have driven and in comparison with thoses it's not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
its partly down to the road surfaces we frequent...... the A50 is terrible....... 75mph in the Tempest and your ears are ringing....the surface is coarse and the nexen magnify it. I went touring down cambridge way....what a revelation!!!....no hills and very smooth roads.... it was like having a different car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts