Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line (poverty spec) HEV Infra Red.
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here transitioned (no not that) from a Kia Picanto Gt Line S 1.0 GD-i to a VW Up Gti or indeed the other way or has any relevant comparison experience, I would be grateful to hear it. My reason for asking is I currently have a VW on order but took delivery of a Picanto Gt on Wednesday for my wife and to say that I am impressed with it would be an understatement. It was impossible to obtain a test drive in the VW so I made the unusual decision to order on the back of numerous media reports. I am well aware that the Picanto is a little down on power and torque but this would be easily addressed with a "map". Also one cannot ignore a sizable cost saving and that unbeatable confidence-inspiring 7-year warranty. In short, the overall quality of the Kia has really set alarm bells ringing as to the wisdom of choosing the VW over the Kia. Any experienced-based comparison would be very welcome.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hugely conflicted on whether to cancel the Up and get the Picanto instead. Think I will call the dealer and if they cannot confirm a delivery date will probably go Kia.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Managed to get a drive in a used Up and have now bought a Kia Picanto GT S Line 1.0 GD-i. Found the Kia to be much better all-round value and even if the Up GTi is a tad nippier that is nothing that a remap will sort out. Took a while to get there but comfortable with the decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.