Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line (poverty spec) HEV Infra Red.
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here transitioned (no not that) from a Kia Picanto Gt Line S 1.0 GD-i to a VW Up Gti or indeed the other way or has any relevant comparison experience, I would be grateful to hear it. My reason for asking is I currently have a VW on order but took delivery of a Picanto Gt on Wednesday for my wife and to say that I am impressed with it would be an understatement. It was impossible to obtain a test drive in the VW so I made the unusual decision to order on the back of numerous media reports. I am well aware that the Picanto is a little down on power and torque but this would be easily addressed with a "map". Also one cannot ignore a sizable cost saving and that unbeatable confidence-inspiring 7-year warranty. In short, the overall quality of the Kia has really set alarm bells ringing as to the wisdom of choosing the VW over the Kia. Any experienced-based comparison would be very welcome.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,415 Posts
Not had the Up Gti but I did some research into it before buying the GDi Picanto as I really like my Fabia.. There are several You tube reviews as well as magazine reviews out there (which I'm sure you've seen) most of which tell you that the VW is the slightly better car, even though its engine not as powerful. The VW will hold it's value better if you are someone who changes thier car frequently, otherwise the Kia 7yr warranty trumps VW's 3yrs.

Reactions: Phil in Wales

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hugely conflicted on whether to cancel the Up and get the Picanto instead. Think I will call the dealer and if they cannot confirm a delivery date will probably go Kia.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Managed to get a drive in a used Up and have now bought a Kia Picanto GT S Line 1.0 GD-i. Found the Kia to be much better all-round value and even if the Up GTi is a tad nippier that is nothing that a remap will sort out. Took a while to get there but comfortable with the decision.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Managed to get a drive in a used Up and have now bought a Kia Picanto GT S Line 1.0 GD-i. Found the Kia to be much better all-round value and even if the Up GTi is a tad nippier that is nothing that a remap will sort out. Took a while to get there but comfortable with the decision.
Try a BlueSpark tuning box first totally transformed the 1 litre turbo on my Picanto & it can be removed or by-passed before servicing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.