Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A query from NZ!
When activating the nav, the voice guidance mutes itself at random whenever I set a destination. It’s a lottery when it works. I have recently had my software for navigation and radio updated and I have noticed this random muting occurring. It doesn’t actually mute the voice where you would think to un-mute - there’s just no voice. Does anyone else have this issue? I always use the voice guidance so I can keep eyes safely on the road.
I own the Kia Seltos 2ltr LTD - model not sold in the UK but I believe the nav and head unit is the same in the Sportage.

·
Super Moderator
9,416 Posts
What versions of software etc do you have?

As you will notice from the below thread many here are suffering various issues with the latest software releases.

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
@KiwiBrit
I have experienced that three times in the last week. The only way I could bring back the voice guidance was to use the hard reset pin next to the volume.
I think the root cause of it is in this setting, which I had recently enabled on both mine and my wife’s account:
Rectangle Font Gadget Technology Magenta

Is that enabled too on your navigation settings by any chance?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Follow up:
Even though I deselected that option for both accounts, the navigation voice wasn’t there this morning, and neither was Kia Connect. After switching the car off for a few minutes to pick up a passenger, on my return they both came back.
Subtle bug but still worth reporting, even if it’s hard to reproduce.
iwill takescreenshots of my settings and a attach to the bug report this weekend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Follow up:
Even though I deselected that option for both accounts, the navigation voice wasn’t there this morning, and neither was Kia Connect. After switching the car off for a few minutes to pick up a passenger, on my return they both came back.
Subtle bug but still worth reporting, even if it’s hard to reproduce.
iwill takescreenshots of my settings and a attach to the bug report this weekend.
Great to read I’m not the only one experiencing this glitch. On all of my user accounts that option is not enabled as well. I find after a few miles voice guidance suddenly decides to work or just not at all. I cannot find a regular pattern to trace the cause. My dealership has put in a request to Kia for answers as other owners have differing map issues due to navigation software glitches in the recent “purple” upgrade. They hope a patch upgrade will be the fix and will call when they have it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
@KiwiBrit by any chance do you have the ‘volume limitation on startup’ enabled ?
I disabled it and since then I haven’t had any issue with voice navigation disappearing.

·
Registered
581 Posts
No I don’t- but I have “Dynamic Speed Compensation” enabled. I disabled that too and no change to the unpredictable voice guidance.
Thanks for looking into it.
This is a rather strange bug. since changing that one setting things have been ok.

i do have speed dependent volume control enabled too (minimised).
i will try ‘normal’.
must be some odd combo of options.

Worth reporting it nonetheless. I’ll get in touch with the help desk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts