Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
voice controle not working any one else having probsnothing happening when i press stearing wheel button

·
Registered
662 Posts
so you have paired your phone to the car and are trying to make a call yes? has it downloaded your phone book? and what spec car is yours ? does it have sat nav system?

·
Registered
662 Posts
OK if its all been previously working then drop back to your dealer and ask him to reset the unitor if your a long way away from your dealer disconnect your battery for 5 Min's and then try again you will need to re-pair your phone and load your phone book only other thing to check is that your phone is on the approved list for sat nav units as the list is different from normal audio units

only issues we have had is where a phone thats not on the list is being used they pair OK and work hands free but no voice active and then they stop and have to paired again

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jumped in the car after work and the bloody thing works
And I haven't changed a thing need to keep an eye on it
Thanks for your help paul
It's a iPhone 3GS I'm using

·
Registered
7 Posts
Craig w said:
voice controle not working any one else having probsnothing happening when i press stearing wheel button
I knew I couldn't be the only one!

Picked up my KX3 nav from Belmont in Selkirk last Monday, everything was going great until Wednesday when I went to show off the voice control to one of my workmates and nothing happened! Then I noticed the phone battery and signal strength were missing from the top of the nav screen so thought it was my phone going wonky. Checked the phone and all seemed fine so thought I'd try the old 'if nothing else works switch it off and back on again'! This brought the battery and signal strength back but still no button! So when I got home I left it for half an hour while I read the manual and tried again and surprise - it worked!

It's happened twice now so when I was passing on Saturday I popped in to ask the service guys, they said they weren't aware of any problems but they'd check for a bulletin and let me know. Haven't heard from them yet but I'm going back this weekend to get them to sign the Supaguard guarantee, hopefully they'll have an answer by then!

It can't be an Iphone thing because mines an HTC Desire, plus it's not just the phone functions that don't work - none of the voice controls work, not even the bleep when you push the button!

·
Registered
9 Posts
ill be looking forward to the outcome for this since me and my gf both want a sportage and we both have android phones, she has a desire too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The plot thickens!

Driving home from work on Wednesday night my MP3's stop playing so thinking something had went wrong with the USB stick I removed it, fully expecting the radio to kick in but nothing happened - just a frozen screen, none of the buttons would work (i.e. Nav, Radio, Settings etc.) - all I could do is switch it off and on (which didn't make any difference to it's frozen-ness!) so when I got home I read the troubleshooting bit of the Nav manual - if you haven't read it already I'd suggest you give it a read - it's either really funny or unbelievably insulting - things like 'no sound coming from the unit' - solution - 'turn the mute off'!!!

Anyway as per the voice control problems after about 10 mins of leaving the ignition and radio off I tried again and it worked.... ... BUT... after 20 seconds it froze again. I now have a radio that freezes 20 seconds after it's switched on, every time I use it!! So I took it back to the dealership today and after about an hour of them 'test-driving' it they came back and said they couldn't find a fault! Unbelievable but just my luck that it would only freeze when I'm driving the car, so left the dealership a bit embarrased and seething. Didn't even get 2 miles down the road when again the unit froze so I immediately about turned to prove I wasn't a nutter to the service guys!

Long story short (ish!) after a bit of too-ing and fro-ing between the service guys and Kia tech guys they've decided I must have a faulty unit so they are taking the car back tomorrow to get part no's/serials etc. to order a new unit.

I'm more than a little bit miffed that my 2 week old car needs a new radio already but thank heavens for the 7 year warranty!!

Plus compared to the other battle I'm having with this particular dealership (Kia Belmont - Selkirk) over who is responsible for clearing the finance on my old car (it's them - trust me, it's in the paperwork!!) this almost seems a petty inconvenience! Word of warning, if you ever have dealings with this garage make sure the finance settlement figure they give you includes any future planned payments - I'm being told that the settlement figure the finance company gave them didn't include this months payment so it's up to me to pay it (as well as pay the finance for the new car!) but after speaking to the old finance company they have confirmed that the dealership didn't attempt to pay off the finance until 9 days after I'd picked up the new car (conveniently the day after this months payment was due!!) so tomorrow morning I'll be back at the dealership asking exactly what con they think they're pulling and wanting a full breakdown of exactly how they came up with the figures I'm paying! Seriously - trust no-one, suspect everyone!

Moan over for today, sorry if I rambled on a bit! Onwards to tomorrow's battle!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With my own experiences I know where you are coming from
The nav unit us a piece if sh*t
Totally un thought out and don't do what it should be doing
What no post codes no cameras and as for the traffic info and tha ability to stream video from the AUX it's a f**ken joke KIA GET YOUR FINGER OOT

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't think it was ever advertised as a "live stream" sat nav with traffic and camera info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Continually surprises me.. have no issues at all with my sat nav... looks good, sounds good, gets me to where I wanna go if I don't know already... using partial post code entry.Didn't have any expectatition for streaming video, am too busy drinving... and knew before made decision that had no cameras.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah but some people want a little more from the unit than basic A-Z that you seem to want. Maybe what others want would be wasted on you. Its 2011 and this unit really is 5 years behind. Cameras, video, decent VR - they are pretty much standard nowadays. Like Craig said this head unit is a piece of [email protected]

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
did you see my link to the spanish site hgf its a bit of a guddle sign up and use google translate nothing solid but interesting

·
Registered
140 Posts
It was advertised as a piece of [email protected] - why be surprised when you get what it says on the tin. It is a five years out of date piece of junk. Ignore it and buy a state of the art plug in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thank goodness for a fairly positive posting. I am due to get my car with the Sat Nav in June. Only seen negative feedback so far. All I am looking for is a decent looking system that gets me from A to B. No fancy stuff.

How do you find the maps, are they up to date. Apparantly new ones coming out in June but according to Kia support its tough luck if car due just after new maps are issued, you will get what was installed with the unit and have to buy a new one if you want them.

Great service!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
ascsbe said:
How do you find the maps, are they up to date. Apparantly new ones coming out in June but according to Kia support its tough luck if car due just after new maps are issued, you will get what was installed with the unit and have to buy a new one if you want them.

Great service!!!

no diffrent to any other product bought a new tv and laptop and within a week a newer model was launched with diffrent spec

1 - 20 of 21 Posts