Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok what am i doing wrong i gave up on this feature a week after i got the car (may) im back on it now
prob is how do you call say mark mobile
this is the only way i seem to get it to work
saying
1 phone
2 phone book
then it says say a name or next page so i give it the next page command for about 20 pages total pain in the ass iv not phoned zack yet wonder why!!
does any one have a direct way of calling some one via voice commands
withmy old parrot car kit i just hit the call button and it said who do you want to call - then you just said the name and it done the job

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just press the voice button on the wheel and say "call fred mobile" - but then on my antique phone the entry in the list IS "Fred mobile" - his home number will be "Fred home"

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just press the call button on the steering wheel and speak "Call Wife on Mobile" or "Call Wife at Home"

I think the way the contacts are recorded in your phone are crucial. In the above example, on my phone in contacts "Wife" is the "first name" in contact list andI do not have a "Surname" for wife on the phone contacts.

I have noticed that the voice system seems to read my phone contact list in an odd way, it goes with surname first, so if I wanted to call "John Smith" on his mobile I have to say "Call Smith John on Mobile" which is annoying. Works for "Wife" as there is no surname.

You might to consider having your contacts full name entered into your phone as just one first name.

You also need to make sure your phone has the phone number showing as either "Home" or "Work" or whatever else options your phone has, so in theory you could have "Dad" with Home, Mobile and Work numbers and you can call him on the number you specifiy in voice commands.

Trust that makes sense and gives you some pointers in getting it to work. Not had any problems myself other than having to invert surname/first name when speaking commands even though my phone shows contact as first name/surname.
Edited by: 3pic

·
Registered
96 Posts
The voice recognition of names stored in my phone is very poor e.g. Karen = Catten, etc. which makes it almost unusable.

One solution that worked for me is to save frequently used names and numbers in the car itself. (Phonebook, Add Entry, By Voice, I think).

It's a bit of a pain as you have to save everyone individually, but since you are storing the numbers in the car using your own voice, itrecognizesthem flawlessly every time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers nill have a play i think its the work,home,mobile bit i am missingit also makes scence about the first name-- sir name that is what seems to throw the head unit i have started changing some names putting both names in the firstname box its looking better

·
Registered
5 Posts
FWIW. I have an iPhone 4 and imported all contacts into the phone using the instructions in the manual.

I press the voice button and say "Call Wife Default". I have to say default because in my iPhone's contacts it has her number down as "iPhone" and the car doesn't recognise this as a term, so instead replaces this a default.

It all works though, barring the odd time it doesn't recognise what I say, but that might be down to my northern accent.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I use the p155 poor media system as a good excuse for not ringing my wife!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts