Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cee'd GT (Facelift)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the vinyl that is on the door pillars (pic added for reference)? Mine have faded into a patchy grey sort of colour on almost all doors. I was debating on buying some gloss black vinyl on eBay and applying it over it but I assume vinyl on top of vinyl won't look good. I have a black car, so removing the vinyl would mean I don't need to apply a new one. Anyone got any tips for removing it? I live in an flat so I'm not able to get a heat gun or anything near it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone removed the vinyl that is on the door pillars (pic added for reference)? Mine have faded into a patchy grey sort of colour on almost all doors. I was debating on buying some gloss black vinyl on eBay and applying it over it but I assume vinyl on top of vinyl won't look good. I have a black car, so removing the vinyl would mean I don't need to apply a new one. Anyone got any tips for removing it? I live in an flat so I'm not able to get a heat gun or anything near it.

View attachment 11171
It should be normal solid, not a vinyl added?, do you know the difference?...CarPro - PERL Coat Protectant sorts me out on my Sportage, I'm in graphics print so know how to wrap cars ppf etc, hope this helps

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cee'd GT (Facelift)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be normal solid, not a vinyl added?, do you know the difference?...CarPro - PERL Coat Protectant sorts me out on my Sportage, I'm in graphics print so know how to wrap cars ppf etc, hope this helps
I've ended up taking a gamble on these:

Hoping they fit but I know what Aliexpress is like 😂

My assumption was the pillars are wrapped in vinyl, they were on my previous Punto and I know they are on Fiestas too. If they don't fit I think I'll have a go at trying what you sent!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts