Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 54 plate Cerato and recently had to get the windscreen replaced. That was a week ago and i've just noticed that there is a little window on the bottom passenger side of the windscreen that a vin plate should be behind but theres nothing there. The problem is i cant remember if there was one there before or not or ifits justthat thenew screen has a cut out for a vin plate and the car never had one. So before i get on the phone to the windscreen fitters and give them hell does anyone know if there should be a vin plate behind the windscreen?

·
Registered
437 Posts
No vin plate under the windscreen on the ceratos, they are either on the bulkhead or under drivers seat.

·
Registered
536 Posts
theres a vin under the screen on my proceed. Isnt this somthing thats been brought in more recently though?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the info, i checked an 07 Sportage the other day and it didnt have one must be something they've brought in on the newer cars. I'll just have to get some black tape and cover up the bit of metal work i can now see!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I have just joined the Kia Owners Club. I have a Kia Cerato, but I have aproblem. The door to the fuel filler cap won't open and I'm very low on diesel. I was told that I can open it from inside the boot. But I can't find anywhere that I could access the reverse of the fuel filler cap. Does anyone have any ideas please.
Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
In boot on left hand side there will be a black plastic tag in a 'T' shape will possibly be velcroed to the side panel. If not, lift that side of the boot carpet as it may have fallen underneath.
Failing that get someone to hold the release lever in the front and use a credit card to just ease the flap open. Once open find the small metal tag in the midlle of the hinge and bend outwards(towards front of car) as this will be the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you Mr Kia. I did look for a way to get at the cable from inside the boot, but there is nothing at all. It seems completely sealed all over. Apart from the panel to get to the rear lights.
As soon as I can find someone to give me a hand, I will try the way you said.
Thanks for your help.
Lesley

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I hope you get it open before you run out of diesel. If all else fails take a hammer to it.
No no only joking

·
Registered
437 Posts
if the tag and cable isnt there it probably means its stuck behind the side panel, possibly you have a tow bar or reverse sensors fitted and was not fed back through the slit in the panel at time of fitting. If you fancy unscrewing the panel im sure you will find it behind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts