Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am trying to get in contact with Viking Paul as it appears from what I have seen on here he is a bit of an Oracle regarding these vehicles and I am having big problems, I have now owned my 2007 57plate Sorento for 2 1/2 months and managed nearly 2000 miles, after 1700 miles the transfer box made a loud bang whilenegotiationa tight corner at around 10 mph then after wordseverytime I cornered felt as if brakes were being applied and a grinding noise, this was diagnosed as a failed transfer box, that I was told was unheard of normally, a matter that now appears to be not quite true, then I was told no warranty as box had been damaged by hitting something causing a crack and shortage of lubrication, a matter I disputed as only used on road and after all it is quite a tall car, after much arguing eventually cost me £3500 pounds, I have nowtraveled120 mile since new box fitted then yesterday negotiating a tight junction at about 15 mph a loud bang and now every time I corner it is like brakes being applied and loud grinding noise, I am now being told probably needs a new transfer box again, I suspect something else may have contributed to the failure and suspect, the crack in theoriginalbox was maybe caused by some thing inside having broken and hit the inside of the casing rather than the outside having been hit.Any input toassistme sort this out would be greatly appreciated.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts