Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better give our sponsors a plug! Took my FE Sportage for it's first service to Viking-Kia a couple of weeks ago. Work carried out prompty and we got the car back mid afternoon all cleaned and shining too! And I got the 10% discount for being a member of this forum

The garage I purchased the car from 12 months ago did not even get in touch with me which surprised me a little, but there again I was going to have some factory side steps fitted when I first got it. I took it in to have them fitted only to find out they'd got Sorento ones and not Sportage. They promised to let me know when they were in. A few weeks later I called in to find out what was happening and was told they were expecting them soon. A further phone call a week or so later resulted in the same reply.
Suffice to say i am STILL waiting to hear from them . . .
Shall I name and shame???
Anyway, I went a little out of my way to visit Viking-Kia in Southampton but will be returning next year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Griffo
Did you get the side steps yet? if not I might be able to help you.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thanks. Got some after market ones and fittied them myself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just had a service and mot done and also could not be more pleased with the attention and respect given by the guys in the service department.Wish I could say the same for the sales dept;bought my 08 LS Carens from them last year for £10k+ with what I thought after being told depreciation is not bad was a good deal. Wrong went there today for price on for part x on a Sportage to be offered only £4000 thats a loss of £6k+ and only 20k miles on clock. Looks like my days of happy driving withKia will be short lived !!!!when getting another car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have found this dealer so helpful for parts and advice, and because of this will take my car their to have any WTY work done and to be serviced. They have Paul and Barryto thank for this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have ordered my Sportage through Vikings. Their customer service was superb from the first point of contact. Having visited a different Kia dealer, I was some what disappointed with howI was treatedand spoken to. This was a shame as it was my first experience of Kia, coming from BMW.
I am very pleased that I made the decision to go to Viking, hopefully my positive experience continues with regard to servicing and future visits!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
If you have any trouble at Viking, ask to speak to Neil Evans. He's the owner, nice chap, he will sort it for you.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
When are Viking going to open a branch in the East Midlands, so we can all get quality service?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rizmo, try Victor Wood in Grantham.They are super! People come from Lincoln,Newark,Nottinghamto have their Kia's serviced there.

mine has been there for all 6 services, never a problem, items pointed out and fixed under warranty - even when I didn't know anything was wrong.They are still a family firm ,maybe that helps.
Before they took on KIA about 6 years ago ,they had been our local Rover dealers for nearly 50 years.
Courtesy car - no trouble. Washed after service.

No - i have no connection to them at all.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Thanks for that, Quiltman. Will have to give them a call next year, when service is due.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Bought a new Scooby Forester from them in 2004, and agree about their service then. Did not realise they were Kia now, so may go back to see if they remember me!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just had 5th service done on my ceed sport. Overall service as expected, but a couple of things to report. 1st thing was burning oil smell when driving back home on motorway, thought a bit of oil might have dropped on exhaust when removing oil filter so I lifted bonnet and checked today and found oily rag below oil filter laying on steering rack and exhaust, wonder if Viking would have paid for replacement car if mine had caught alight
2nd The handbrake was not adjusted as per service sheet and is not holding until on last click, very poor as this was the same last year. I feel you could service the car better yourself as the techy just like to tick boxes and get on with the next job. I find this is the same with most garages as my Peugeot van was service by main dealer and techy put N/A to air conditioning, did he miss the evaporator, compressor and pipes etc.

Kia you need to check your dealers are carrying out the servicing correctly and service managers need to keep an watch on there staff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts