Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the manual when I came across the satnav instructions and it seems to indicate that you can use the screen to play videos?

Any idea how to do this through my HTC Desire HD? Or even a USB stick?

If this works,it could make sitting outside the shops ,waiting on the wife a bit more interesting!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm not very familiar with this system , some of the sat navs you can do by using a independent I pod / mobile interface or dvd via the phono type plugins .
What people get confussed is with the manual it says it's a DVD sat nav which only means it runs on update discs and has a DVD player hidden which will have a disk in with the current software your running . The only sat nav I know of that can work as DVD player is the alpine ones so far I will let you know if any updates

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Chrysler sat navs also play DVDs as long as you have the gearbox in 'P' and the parking brake on. I was initially sceptical about the facility but I changed my mind after enduring a four hour wait on the French side of the Channel Tunnel.

Getting back to Kia... I'm sure I read on a Sportage forum that an owner had managed to crack the factory sat nav and enable DVD playback. It might be worth a Google.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The internal storage isn't a DVD. Otherwise you wouldnt be able to update it and I doubt they are fitted with internal DVD rewriters and a cd player in the head unit. Internal storage will most certainly be either a sata hard drive or a large capacity flash chip. As for the stated DVD though at a guess I assume it mean it can read DVD disks ( NOT PLAY DVD VIDEOS) but reads information from dual layer disks. If u copy music in mp3 format you can get around 700mb of data on it. With a DVD you can get around 4gb. So hense the much larger capacity. Going to burn a disk of all the wife's music today & try it out...Edited by: RichieD76

1 - 7 of 7 Posts