Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Team. I have a Sorento 3.5 V6 Auto. 12 months ago i started to experience vibration from deep down within the car. I took it to the dealers who suggested the brake disks. I agreed and had them changed. The problem went away. 12 months later its started again. It happens intermittently. The speed range varies and so do the conditions. There are no clear set ofcriteria that trigger the onseti.e. Specific speed, turning a corner, up hill, down hill etc. It happens and then goes away when i slow down. I doubt if its the brakes this time as I've only done 6000 miles since i had them changed. Does anyone have any suggestions..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Check front propshaft when was it last serviced/Greased?? Edited by: UncleMart

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car had it last full service just less than 12 months ago, however that doesn't mean that the propshafts were checked. I've noticed from other posts that propshafts that arn't checked/greased regularly can be problematic. I'll get them checked over ASAP. Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine also had been fully serviced prior to failure - It might not be the problem for you but worth getting them checked - Another thing to note isuneven tread depth on tyres can also cause a judder on 4x4's. It willbe intersting to hear the cause of your vibration when you find out though good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I do all my own servicing and in the last stages of buying a Sorento to tow our caravan, I do alot of miles for work and really don't want my prop to fail, what do they do/check for during a service?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts