Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone experienced a vibration at 1700rpm. I have a 1.6 CRDI soul. It started at 8,000 miles and kia have been unable to fix it. They have changed the turbo, streeringand flywheel and are looking to replace the gearbox. Also Kia customer services have been very unhelpful to date.Its now been 5 months without a fix.Is this normal? any ideas on what it might be or if you are experiencing similar problems? Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
No such problems at 2000 miles. Did it come on gradually or was it sudden?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
No such problems at 22000 miles. i am assuming the same vibration appears in every gear at those revs?. The Soul diesel engine isnt a low rev slogger like most diesels, it needs to be given its head a bit and the revs kept up. Just thinking it might be a timing/injection problem..... at 1700 revs the engine and turbo are only just getting going.

keep us informed on the remedy and keep banging on to head office and make a nuisance of yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It started gradually and happens in 3rd and 4th only and is especially loud when under strain such as going up a hill. Kia technical are coming out to the garage tomorrow so hopefully they will disvover whats wrong.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Sounds like the gearbox,why did they change all the other parts when it only happens in two gears. If it happened at 1700rpm in all gears then I could understand but only in 3 and 4 when you can put the engine through the same duty in all othe gears and its ok then why.I have 23k on mine now and I have had no problems at all enginewise, Kia do seem a bit slow on customer service .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kia technical visited my garage today and drove my car. The garage has advised me thatKia could not work out what was making the vibration but thatit could be the engine mounts or gearbox or drive shaft....it does not inspire confidence and I am concerned about the amount of time I am spending taking it too and from the garage.I looked in my diary and today is the 8th visit! I just hope I dont get into double figures...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
We had a Citroen C3 with problems and Citroen took it away left me with a car and sorted it out, can you not have a real go out them and suggest that they do something like that. It is not aceptable to have to go backwards and forwards that many times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts