Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
ive purchases a 2008 2.5d sorento and it’s in spain at my apartment but it’s only doing 225 miles on €85 . is this normal ?? Also on going on bends only i can feel a knocking noise wether i go right or left but the is no vibrations or juddering on the steering wheel.. no noises when driving straight .. no indications orr lights on the dash .. any help or comments would be greatly appreciated
antony

·
Super Moderator
2,159 Posts
Well with your figures (225 on 85 euros) we have no idea how much fuel you are putting in.

Best option is to fill tank to full. Run till nearly empty, fill to full again. If possible use the same pump.
Then work out the miles per litre & post the result. Along with the type of driving that included.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well with your figures (225 on 85 euros) we have no idea how much fuel you are putting in.

Best option is to fill tank to full. Run till nearly empty, fill to full again. If possible use the same pump.
Then work out the miles per litre & post the result. Along with the type of driving that included.
I will fill up when back in the new year
just as a comparison i had my volvo xc60 on a 08 plate 2.0L and on €85 i was getting around 520 miles.
i know there will be some difference on mpg but half ??
any ideas of the knocking sound ? forgot to add the mileage is 65k

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you get the knocking noise at low speed? 4WD is automatically engaged at low speed, if there is a difference in tread depth between the front & back tyres it can cause juddering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice ..would the juddering be also present if driving straight rather than just on bends .. is there a fuse i can remove to disengage the 4 wheel drive to prove it if all
the tyres are all matching ?
regards
antony

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
the tccs fuse in the drivers kick panel, you will have lots of warning lights come on but ignore them for test purposes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts