Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Kia Rio for 5 days and it has been back to dealers already, with the already mentioned Dash Rattle.
But the strangest fault is the Headlight Main Beam and Rear Wiper. Main beam works okay during the day but come around7pm it will not come on? Coincidentally the Rear Wiper does not work during the day but works as soon as I lose the Main Beam? Whether temperature has something to do with it,could be a possibility butweird. But back to dealers on Monday, another 150 mile round trip.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bit of a nightmare for you dustyd,. I take it your up in the highlands of Gods land and is your dealer in Inverness.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davy said:
Bit of a nightmare for you dustyd,. I take it your up in the highlands of Gods land and is your dealer in Inverness.
No, I live in SW Scotland, dealer is in Springside near Kilmarnock.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That's really frustrating for you,might be a problem in the multiplex wiring control and maybe due to the cars very high demand we are seeing these niggling faults appearing?.
It would take a day just to fix the dash,hope they provide a loan car and keep your car till it's all good,if not demand one.
Mine's all ok except for the dash rattle (booked in June for fix with courtesy car provided) but seems quieter now with the warm weather.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
dustyd said:
davy said:
Whats Springside like to deal with or is this going to be your first experience with them. I was going to go to them as their services under warranty were cheaper then Phoenix Kia in Linwood/Paisley, but they couldn't give me a loan car so I went to Phoenix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
davy said:
dustyd said:
davy said:
Whats Springside like to deal with or is this going to be your first experience with them. I was going to go to them as their services under warranty were cheaper then Phoenix Kia in Linwood/Paisley, but they couldn't give me a loan car so I went to Phoenix.
I have had four Kia's from Springside and found them ok to deal with until now with this Rio 2, they do not seem to have a clue as to what is causing the problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Armac08 said:
That's really frustrating for you,might be a problem in the multiplex wiring control and maybe due to the cars very high demand we are seeing these niggling faults appearing?.
It would take a day just to fix the dash,hope they provide a loan car and keep your car till it's all good,if not demand one.
Mine's all ok except for the dash rattle (booked in June for fix with courtesy car provided) but seems quieter now with the warm weather.
AsI mentionin the Dash Rattle post, my rattle proved to be a longer than normal speedo cable which had not been secured properly behind the Speedo. Initially the garage were going to do the dash removal, but I got them to pop the speedo and have a look and discovered the cable. So far has made a big difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dustyd said:
I have had my Kia Rio for 5 days and it has been back to dealers already, with the already mentioned Dash Rattle.
But the strangest fault is the Headlight Main Beam and Rear Wiper. Main beam works okay during the day but come around7pm it will not come on? Coincidentally the Rear Wiper does not work during the day but works as soon as I lose the Main Beam? Whether temperature has something to do with it,could be a possibility butweird. But back to dealers on Monday, another 150 mile round trip.
Update on strange faults:
The cause of thefault eventually found, turned out to be a Master Switch Fuse not properlyconnected to the fuse box. Also it was found that when the Parking Sensors were fitted the mechanic nicked a wire which caused a short. So far all ok, pity I had to put 300unnecessary miles on the clock. But I did get my tank filled twice to cover cost of fuel used.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Glad you've got it sorted Dusty. Nice to hear they tried to compensate with the petrol too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts