Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Very Poor Kia Customer Service

10K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  alcutler 
#1 ·
Having ordered a Rio 1.1 CRDi 1, 5 door in white at the beginning of September 2011 I am still no further forward in finding out when I will get delivery.
I have spoken with Kia Customer Service and they can give no indication whatsoever regarding delivery.

My dealer has tried to get Kia to come up with a compromise like supplying a 1.1 air at no extra cost but Kia will not cover the cost.

To say the situation is disappointing is an understatement. Up to this point I have always found Kia to be helpfull and true to their word and that is why I have waited so long in the hope that once again they will pull out the stops and do the decent thing.

Kia are undoubtedly on the up in the U.K.but the management should be mindfull of how quickly a companies fortunes can change when you stop looking after your customers.

So come on Kia, talk to your customers, this situation is your fault reward loyal Kia customers with some good old fashioned service and resolve the problem in a fair a equitable manner.

#2 ·
Hi corsa57<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I'm sorry you haven't been happy with the response from us here at customer services.

The reason for the delay in the delivery for the all new Kia Rio is simply demand out stretching supply. I'd like to assure you that we're doing all we can to minimise the impact to our customers and supply you with the car you've ordered as quickly as we can.

We will look, along with your dealer to supply a different variant for you but the cost of this will unfortunately fall to you. It's a choice only you can make whether to wait for the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Rio</st1:place> you've ordered or to change to a more expensive model.

We understand your frustration and we're sorry that you have been affected in this way. We estimate the delivery dates for our cars as best we can and our dealer network are there to inform you every step of the way about any changes to the original estimate.

If there is anything further customer services can do to help please give us a call.

Thank you again

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8:30am - 6pm
Thursday: 9:30am - 6pm
Friday: 8:30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

#3 ·
I think in this economic climate manufacturers cant afford to have loads of newly built cars sitting in large carparks hoping to shift them soon. Like it was a few years back. That is why many companies build to order and this of course takes time especially if a new model comes out that turns out to be a popular model.
Just look at the new house builds most of the buliders build to order once they get your deposit. Long gone are the builders who fire up new estates before any money has changed hands.
Its just the type of climate we all live in now. Money is tight.

#4 ·
Hello
Kia customer service.I
have been in exactly the same boat. My order was early October , but thankfully
my garage put a delivery date on my contract of early December.
The
garage have picked up the cost increase of going to not only the '1' Air model
, but also to metallic paint as that was all that was available when the news
about the standard '1' was announced back in December.
I
have been given different stories about the supply issues including the
statement from Kia customer service over the phone that there was a problem
affecting ALL 1.1 CRDi's (I am trying to get a copy of that call off the
computer system now).
I
have spoken to a couple of garages and neither of them has ever seen a
production build on the system for standard 1.1CRDi '1's.
So
why did Kia spend all of the advertising money on pushing a model version that
they had no plan to build for many months?
I
have yet to find anybody in the UK that has actually seen a 1.1CRDi '1'.

Even
the reviews by various magazines or tv programs are all on model '2's.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thanks

Bruce

#5 ·
Kia Customer Service said:
Hi corsa57<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I'm sorry you haven't been happy with the response from us here at customer services.

The reason for the delay in the delivery for the all new Kia Rio is simply demand out stretching supply. I'd like to assure you that we're doing all we can to minimise the impact to our customers and supply you with the car you've ordered as quickly as we can.

We will look, along with your dealer to supply a different variant for you but the cost of this will unfortunately fall to you. It's a choice only you can make whether to wait for the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Rio</st1:place> you've ordered or to change to a more expensive model.

We understand your frustration and we're sorry that you have been affected in this way. We estimate the delivery dates for our cars as best we can and our dealer network are there to inform you every step of the way about any changes to the original estimate.

If there is anything further customer services can do to help please give us a call.

Thank you again

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Thanks customer services for your reply.

I do appreciate the fact that you have had good demand for the Rio but going on 6 months with still no indication of when delivery is likely is simply not good enough.

For my part I have no intention of paying £800 more for a Rio Air that does 10 mpg less and has air conditioning that I might use one or two days a year at most.

I would therefore appreciate an answer to my question, when will I get delivery of the car I ordered in good faith on launch day back in September last year?.

#6 ·
The way I worked it out was the difference in price between the two models was roughly equivalent to the extra fuel price over 100K miles.
I two don't need the Air con , but I do need a car soon as my poor old 206 (2.0 HDI ECO) is on it's last legs at 162K (still does low 60'smpg though).

Bruce

#7 ·
I agree, 5-6months with not even a rough build date? On a Kia? What's going on...Kia Customer Services, I would expect a build date...is he expected to wait for several years (facelift?) or will he see one soonish? Someone somewhere must know where your car is on the "list" for example Skoda can tell you where your car is, when it will be built and how long you have before your order cannot be changed...

#8 ·
I found that very strange from the start, not having anything on the build plan. Other models / specs yes , just not the 88.3mpg one.
So with the new car I asked the garage for the VIN number just to proove that the car existed. (should find out next week).

Bruce

#9 ·
Good morning,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We understand many of you are frustrated by not knowing when you'll be taking delivery of your <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Rio</st1:place> and for that we apologise. Please be assured that we are working hard to resolve this delay issue and a further update should be available by mid March.

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

#10 ·
What a state of affairs that by March 2012 those of us that ordered a Rio 1.1 CRDi 1at launch back in September 2011 will get an update. Note an update, not a delivery timescale.
Some might view this as progress due to the fact that to date no information has been available from Kia Customer Services or the dealer network regarding delivery times of this variant.

Maybe I am just fed up now with Kia but if this is the best customer services can come up with some 7 to 8 months down the road then I can see little point in having a customer services department. Get rid of them and employ some more people to build the cars.

#14 ·
This is so frustrating i think demand is outstripping supply,hang on it will be worth it only had a week to wait for mine the dealer rang another local dealer who had one,(bought in Sep 11 1.25 Petrol) and love it,you surely don't want to buy a 7 year old design (Vauxhall with less kit) when you can have a real 'all new car'.

#15 ·
Armac08 said:
This is so frustrating i think demand is outstripping supply,hang on it will be worth it only had a week to wait for mine the dealer rang another local dealer who had one,(bought in Sep 11 1.25 Petrol) and love it,you surely don't want to buy a 7 year old design (Vauxhall with less kit) when you can have a real 'all new car'.
Take on board everything you say about Customer Services - please make sure you make your feelings felt by voting on the KCS poll that the Moderators have set up today.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.