Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Venga 2016 1.6 manual. I didnt notice during test drive how heavy the clutch is. But having driven in traffic I do now.

I have it booked in to the dealer for them to have a look.

Cant see much on this specifically for the Venga, anyone got any comments.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Mine is a 1.4 and it doesn't have the heavy pedal..please report back if the dealer does find anything but I am thinking a brush off is going to happen with the sentence..

"It's normal " or we can strip it down to check at your expense and if we find anything wrong blah blah blah..what's the mileage on the car ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
We have a 2010 Venga and I always think it's quite heavy, but then I've always done. It's not a problem for us, as the car drives fine. If I get cauhtnin stop start traffic I always feel it and wish I'd driven the auto one when that happens! Let us know what happens please.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
We have a 2010 Venga and I always think it's quite heavy, but then I've always done. It's not a problem for us, as the car drives fine. If I get cauhtnin stop start traffic I always feel it and wish I'd driven the auto one when that happens! Let us know what happens please.

I think that would be normal a diesel over a petrol..but never owned a diesel car so can't really compare..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update. Took back to well known second hand car dealer and the agreed it wasn't right, although I also mentioned the vibration at low speed. Their mechanic believes it to be the release bearing and have booked it in at the dealers for me. Im very pleased with service so far they are also organising me a courtesy car, which isn't normally part of my gaurantee or service plan. will update further as it progresses. LIke Sexy at seventy one, Im expecting some difficulties on whether theres anything wrong and who is going to pick up the bill. The low speed judder has got considerably worse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
further update this week the well known dealer (Carshop) took the car to local dealer Pentagon. The dealer concluded it need a clutch. Not covered on KIA warranty but Carshop had it changed under their guarantee. Took all week but I got a courtesy car. Probaby done about 10 miles since picking it up and it seems easier and doesnt judder. The bite points moved up to about half way on pedal too.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Seeing so many problems with clutches throughout the Kia range of cars and beginning to think its the parts them selves and regard them as junk parts probably made in China..

·
Registered
Kia Venga 3 crdi ecodynamics
25 Posts
I have a 2013 Venga 3 1.6 ecodynamics, my wife has a 2015 Venga 3 1.6 ecodynamics as well. In the 2 years we have had our cars, my clutch was always heavier as it had higher mileage, in September of this year the service showed the clutch needed replaced, our local dealer, Roadside, quoted £520, which I thought wasn’t too bad. My car had done 99,876 miles before the clutch needed done, which wasn’t a bad innings

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts