Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where there is a list ofTSB's on the internet? Or can you find them out from a dealer? I picked up a venga ecodynamics 2 yesterday at 1800 and so far the mpg has reset twice, i have a big flatspot, and the ISG doesn't work. Not really bothered, just wannit fixed!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi jonno,

your dealer service department should have a record of the TSB's applicable to your car's VIN number, There is said to be a fix available for the mpg resetting problem, although my dealer hasn't been able to fix mine yet. I am awaiting a replacement display unit,but I will not let them have the car for yet another day until they are able to sort out the throttle lag problem at the same time.

My ISG didn't work when I got the car but I haven't heard of a TSB for it. The dealer buggered the battery and voltage sensor by using a battery booster to start the car after it had been standing around for a time. (instead of following the instructions in the handbook!!!!!!!)

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that if it has been plugged into the KIA laptop it must need a few miles to sort itself out, my light went off after about a 100 miles and has been fine ever since, it definitely works within the parameters stated in the book.

·
Registered
72 Posts
read the main kia venga forum especially the one with 22 pages and rising. this gives instructions of what needs doing and dealing with your dealer and kia customer services

·
Registered
660 Posts
yeah i agree with hidefatfurandskin, go through your service manager at your dealership first, as this way is the recommended method,and a phonecall to Rob Quarry at Kia customer services to let him know how disgruntled you are at owning a new car that basically has a fault.
James.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The ISG on mine works fine almost all the time on mine.
it does not work, understandably, if the following conditions apply.

a) the car is not warmed up

b)there is, or recently has been, quite a large load on the electrical system eg rear screen, air con, lights etc but it hard to be precise as to how much needs to be on for it not to work

c) the car has not gone far enough or fast enough to operate the system - difficult to tell you exactly but mine works quite well in a solid traffic jam on the motorway of which I seem to have had a few lately, and keeps restarting and stopping when it should.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi isg also does nt start the engine again if your seatbelt is undone.as i found out one day , i went to get out,undid my seatbelt,then had to move the car again,engine did nt start until i twigged.
Its a clever piece of kit.

James.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts