Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can hekp with this, as I can't find anything in the owners manual. We're recently bought a Venga 1 Ecodynamics and have noticed that the Trip computer; giving the MPG, distance to empty etc, is all in KM rather than Miles.

Any ideas how to change this over to miles for all of the Trip info???

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi sparkesy,

I had the same problem, solved as follows.

With the ignition on, press and hold the "set" button until the display starts flashing. It will be displaying date, km, degrees F or C. To start with, the year will flash. Press "set", and each time, the display will advance; year, month, day and when it gets to Km, simply press the up or down button on either side of the "set" button to change it to what you want. Everything else on the trip computer will the follow suit. Press and hold the set button until the display reverts to normal. job done.

Hope this sorts you out

Good luck,

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, after looking at it over the weekend I finally found how to get unto the settings.

Thanks for the reply though it was greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
7,518 Posts
Having done the brim to brim test on paper a couple of times my MPG dash 'puter readout is consistantly 6 MPG under. You would think it should be accurate. I recall manufactures used to set the MPG meters to overestimate so you felt the car was doing well....
Is it just mine then fellow Avengas....or are yours under/over or even accurate?
Paul

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Under by about 4mpg. To be honest, I don't use it at all now. I just leave it on the trip A and zeroise on fill up, so I can calculate fill to fill mpg. And I am, of course, trusting that works correctly - must remember to note the odometer reading and compare the two!

·
Registered
212 Posts
My Dads reads under too. His tells him he's getting 32mpg, when brim to brim and maths confirms it's really just sipping the petrol and returning a heady 35mpg.

Either way, it's along way short of what Kia would lead us to believe is achievable.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
It's not Kia , it's the EU government forcing Kia to give out non-acheivable figures, calculated from the EU's own stupid methodology. Just ignore them, and one day they might go away. Drive it and enjoy it, after all, fuel is still cheaper than beer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts