Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just wondering if there is a way that as an owner i can disable the speedlocks in the same way that the dealership can do it?I had the last car done by the dealer and the mechanic did nt even move the car from where i parked it and as i watched him doing it through the window of the showroom, i didnt even notice him with any tools or laptops etc..
Just wondered if i was able to do it now,or wait until i am doing the 100mile each way journey again in the future.
I personally find them a pain in th ass,especially with 2 young kids in the back, i know they are a safety feature,but i find childlocks and manually operated doorlock button perfectly adequate.
Thanks,james.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Usually the car needs plugged in to remove speed locks or anti hijacking locks as some manufacturers call them .

Happy new car James

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh drat, i remembered about them as i pulled away from the dealership yesterday,but as i reckon they were glad to see the back of me, i carried on home and will get them 'done' next time im through.Cheers,quite a few improvements on the new venga, they ve even carpeted the boot floor! but removed the spare wheel,just have a tin of gunk and an air compressor now.

So will be looking out for a spacesaver, if anyone knows where i can get one.
James.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts