Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I am wanting to buy some roofbars for the venga 3 but have noticed especially on the sg petch website that they are only for venga 1 and 2 models.

I wondered if this was because of the sliding roof on the 3, and would it just be a case of remembering not to open the roof when the bars are fitted,or will the bars actually not fit because of maybe the plastic trim strips on the 3 s roof either side of the glass??

there looks like there would be plenty of space for the roof to open even with bars on,but perhaps not.

I hav nt asked dealership yet as i ll probably need to remortgage first

Cheers,james.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi James,

I had roof bars for my Venga. Got the princely sum (not) of £20 for them on fleabay when I sold the car. They rest on the roof and are clamped in the door recess. The feet are contoured so that a raised portion sits in the groove on each side of the roof.

They fall quite close together when they are fitted in the designated position so there may be a problem carrying long loads. I never actually used them in anger because they damaged the door recess when I tightened them up, pulled a little dent where the clamp pulls upwards. I did not feel as if I overtightened them either. Frankly, I thought they were a bit naff.

Ididn't use them on at all on my second Venga because of the potential damage, so sold them.

Bob

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bob,
I wondered if they sat in the recess or not,as on my car,that recess is actually a 2 inch strip of plastic,and inward of them is glass roof.

The plastic strip is also easily pushed in and out do not so sure how the bars would sit.

We ll see....

~Cheers,james.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.