Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Venga 2 for 1 month and generally I am happy with it however the noise from the continental tyres on certain types of road surfaces is very loud. Has anyone else got this problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Auld Jock,

Yup! I have the same, on my first Venga and my new one. I don't reckon it is much worse than my Focus Lx estate (on Michelins, the same size) and I put it down to the sheer size of the tyres. I have been on newly surfaced roads that are blissfully quiet, so it doesn't seem like a "car" problem. I think you are correct to blame the tyres.

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had my Venga2 CRDi for two months now but haven't done many miles yet due to the appalling weather this winter. The tyres can be noisy but I wouldn't say any more so than other cars. The biggest noise level variation comes with the type of road surface. A good test is the A1(M) to M1 link near Leeds where the surface changes from noisy to quiet every half mile or so.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On my way back from Bristol recently I too thought that my Venga was extremely noisy as the reviews had all said. I then turned my fan down because the car was becoming too warm. Suddenly there was a blissful silence, well it felt like silence to me. Road noise to me seems average. Fan on full sounds like a HURRICANE!!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Im going to throw the continentals away asap and fit a full set of goodyears, michelins or pirellis.
Continentals are hard tyres! for low resistance etc.

James.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Michelins are noisy too and so are some Pirellis. Some budget tyre or middle of the road tyres are quiet. E.G Falkens and Nexens that I can be sure of as I have had them on cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had my Venga for 1 month. Also I have VERY BAD roads in Russia.I think, the main problem of outside noise isabsencesound-proofing lagging.
In Venga we have only one piece in each door and something in the roof.
Front door

back door

floor

roof

Helps only round sound-proofing. I can post foto report about it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you build your own Venga? Or did you really dismantle it to take the photos? I don't think the Venga is anymore noisy than any other comparable car - the Contis are noisy rubber no doubt about it. Rough road - noisy, smooth road - quiet, it's just the way it is.
Timpernx.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is Venga from our russian venga club, not mine. I will make sound-proofing in spring myself, now it's very cold. The noise haddecreased very much, I've heard it by my own ears on the meeting of our club.Some photos with sound-proofing:
door

floor

roof

About Venga and others...... Even Kia Rio New is much more silent then Venga, though it has lower class.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If your club is doing that sort of thing to Vengas then I am sure that there are many technical tips that you might be able to pass on to other forum users using your experience. Have any of your members done any work to the engine to improve performance and/or economy? Have any added one of the tuning boxes that seem to be available for diesels?

Timpernx.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ha-ha :)We have no DIESELS for Vengas, Rios, Ceeds ets in Russia.Only petrol 1.4, 1.6.And no sliding roofs and audio system's head without gps, bluetooth, tv, dvd.... And I have the TOP Russian complectation of Venga which costs me 25000$
And it's veryannoying... :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts