Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would have liked to see more detail on how the wind back tool is used for those who have never done it so I give it 9 out of 10 for content..

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice video Phil
The wind back tool looks to be a standard tube with castellations type affair so not a lot to show although probably would have been nice if he had showed the castellations and locators on the cylinder. And mentioned the correct way to wind back ie:clockwise. Also might have been useful to mention about brake fluid cylinder and checking it doesn't then go above full if someone had filled it to compensate for brake pad wear previously.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did them on my red venga and sorry to say I have to do them again on my blue one.. yes it happens and as they say sh1te happens.. did the fronts earlier in the week with new discs and pads and the result so far is that breaking power is way above what it was when I had the car last Monday still on Kia pads then.. I have always found generally that when you push pistons back the level in the master cylinder raises it did so on the fronts and I expect it to happen on the rears when I get around to it .. shame the vid didn't cover what you said and I think he was just interested with playing with his tool.. I will find a vid and post that up when I find one

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So in the absence of a kia vid I have a Hyundai one on the ix20.. difference is on the venga piston there are 4 slots and not 2 otherwise the operation is the same.. wind back the vid to 17 mins on the vid..lol [ no pun intended ] also I think its worth a mention that front and rear discs are the same for both cars while the calipers and pads are different..I'm using Blue print disc ADG043156 on the rear and EBC pads DPX2233..

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So yesterday I replaced discs and pads on the rear of Bluey.. they were is a shocking state and obviously not looked at for many thousands of miles.. all went well and the job is relatively easy...I had to literally hammer out the pads from the calliper carrier because they were welded in there with all the dust and rust.. makes you wonder how a car passes an MOT doesn't it.. when all the bits are fitted you just need to grab the handbrake and crank it to wind out the pistons to the new brake pads.. bonus for me was I no longer have the squeaking and rattling I had.. was like and demented budgie on pot and it really drove my nuts.. :LOL:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts