Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knows when the UK will announce pricing for the new Venga - and when it will be available. The dealers I have spoken to seem VERY vague. Surely there is an official launch date for the car as most of Europe already has it or at least prices.

Many thanks......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As fate would have it I got my copy of Autocar today and there is a road test of a 1.4 diesel Venga in it- it doesn't say what trim level the Vengais but it doesn't look that high (probably 2)- ie no Sat Nav or Panoramic roof and it has an estimated price is £13,500! - are they barmy? That makes it more expensive than a Soul and virtually the same price as the Ceed (next size up) and a top of the range Honda Jazz. I think somebody in the marketing department is having a laugh. I thought Kia had a little winner on its hands but at those prices I don't think so.

·
Registered
328 Posts
would the £600 increase be due to VAT changing back to 17.5% ?

If not then this would need to be factored in as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Kia sent us a message on Portal yesterday, (yes Murphwiz I now know what portal is! Kia do comunicate with the retailers dont they.) that pre-launch information will be with us on Tuesday 22nd. I dont know if they intend to confirm pricing before then or if they want us to wing it, but as soon as I know, ill put em up here for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello NSMITH1180,

Thanks for that - does the prelaunch info give ANYindication of prices (ie above or below Soul or Ceed) as from what I've read in the press the prices are going to be about £1500 - £2000 more than originally thought. If they are I will have to buy something else and if that's the case it makes sense to do it before 31st Dec and save the VAT price rise. I'm in a dilemma because if I wait for the 12th Jan I could end up not being able to afforda Venga and then having to pay more for a car I could buy now. This is a real pain.

Any pointers greatfully received.

TB.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just trawled through the entire Q1 2010 marketing programmes, yup, at 10 to 10 on christmas eve. Im a sad puppy. But all Venga and new sorento information is missing and embargoed untill 12/01/2010

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks NSMITH1180 for going through pre launch stuff however it looks like Whatcar have got the info already. If you do a 3 car comparison it pulls up the prices. My worst fears realised. Completely bonkers pricing -Kia obviously want this to be a niche car. I can geta fully loaded Honda Jazz with Sat Nav and glass roof ie better specced than a Venga 3 for £2,000 LESS ""“ Kia UK are mad! OK it has a 7 year warranty - but it reallylooks like you are just paying for the warranty up front rather than it being a show of confidence in the brand. It's off to the Honda dealer for me I'm afraid . Very disappointed.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ill let you know when I go on the course. WhatCar have been known to get it wrong. Infact i have rarely known WhatCar to get it right!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nothing, car wasnt there!! Boss came back raving about sorento and said nothing about venga. Dealer Training is next week, Ill let you know as soon as I do.

·
Registered
144 Posts
<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>Venga starts from 11495.

Usual Kia Pricing, add a grand for an engine or a spec level.

All the diesels are ecoDynamics too, so auto start stop as standard. Ill take a read through the rest of the info and give you a synopsysysysyys

·
Registered
662 Posts
Pricing<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><?: PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
OTR Pricing for the new Venga line-up is as follows:
1.4 Venga 1 £11495

1.4crdi venga EcoDynamics £12795
<O:p>1.4 venga 2 £12695</O:p>

<O:p>1.6 venga 2 auto £14095</O:p>

<O:p>1.4 crdi venga 2 EcoDynamics £13995</O:p>

<O:p>1.4 venga 3 £14095</O:p>

<O:p>1.4 crdi venga 3 EcoDynamics £15395</O:p>

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><?: PREFIX = V /></V:STROKE></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:ULAS></V:pATH><O:LOCK v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></O:LOCK></V:SHAPE>
Kia 7 year Warranty<O:p></O:p>
As with all Kia vehicles the Venga will benefit froman industry leading 7 year warranty. This is a major advantage over the competition and offers a competitive and unique selling point for Venga. Warranty terms are 3 years unlimited, 4-7 years 100,000 miles. 5 year paint warranty and 12 years anti-perforation warranty.

<O:p>officially on sale from 1<SUP>st</SUP> February 2010, but will be <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">available for pre-ordering from the 18<SUP>th</SUP> of January[/I].</O:p>

<O:p><O:p>
New Engines<O:p></O:p>
There are 3 engines available on the Venga. A 1.4 petrol engine with a 5-speed manual gearbox with 89bhp output delivers efficient, competitive and responsive performance. <O:p></O:p>
The 1.4 CRDi engine again with 89bhp benefits from a 6-speed manual gearbox as well as Intelligent Stop and Go (ISG) as standard, with fuel consumption at 62.8 mpg combined and emissions at just 117g/km this engine is both efficient and economical.<O:p></O:p>
A 1.6 petrol 123bhp petrol engine only available with a 4-speed automatic transmission is also available on the mid grade to satisfy those that prefer the ease of an automatic gear box.

<O:p>New Technologies<O:p></O:p>

As launched on cee'd, Venga also showcases EcoDynamics technology with the diesel engine featuring Intelligent Stop and Go (ISG) as standard. All models are fitted with Continental Low Rolling Resistance tyres as standard that further enhance our eco credentials by reducing rolling resistance by 12%.<O:p></O:p>
Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Hill Assist Control (HAC), Brake Assist System (BAS) and Traction Control System (TCS)<O:p></O:p>
Each model will have ESC, BAS, TCS and HAC fitted as standard.<O:p></O:p>
ESC assists the driver to retain control by reducing the potential for over-steer or under-steer. BAS helps to optimise braking performance when quick braking is required and TCS helps to provide extra traction in adverse conditions<O:p></O:p>
HAC aids the driver on an incline by holding the brake for up to 3 seconds, allowing the driver to switch from brake to accelerator helping to stop the car from rolling backwards or forwards.
</O:p></O:p></O:p>

·
Registered
144 Posts
You just had to go and 1up me didnt you!!!!

Thanks, didnt know if i could copy and paste that. Ill let Viking take the risk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks a lot guys really appreciate it - its been a long journey. Sorry but I think those prices are crazy. I'm sure the car is based on a Hyundai i20 floorpan - and therefore the uplift is just too great. Honda Jazz here I come - and I'll save myself £1000 and get a glass roof too! A real shame.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts