Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,collected my brand new MY12 Venga 3 1.6crdi eco 114bhp today from the dealership.

What can i say,in the 100mile journey home,my 11reg venga never felt as well put together as this does,im not saying all are like that,but both i and the dealership said that my 11reg venga was a poor example of venga.
The new one feels SOLID,even the way the doors close feel more solid and the 1.6 crdi although feeling extremely tight at only covering 100miles,purrs along smoothly and delivers the power well for covering so few miles,although 'trying it out' is a while off yet.

Of course time will tell,but these first impressions are better than the last first impressions i had with the previous venga.

#Cheers
james.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Davy,All good so far....i ll put another 50miles on her today gently,treat her with some care for a whiley yet.
Happy christmas.
James.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good news James. Hope the happiness quotient is much higher with this one. Keep us all informed - would be very interested in how you get on.

Seasons greetings.

Timpernx.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Davy,that Talisker is the poison of the devil himself!
and Timpernx yep i will let you know how things progress with the new car, she s noticably more torquey than the 1.4,and does nt moan at all at being in 6th,i also have some kind of 2 stage accelerator petal,and can push it down 3/4 of the way for normal accelerating,but push past a resistant click and i get another surge of power,which presumably eats away at mpg,but it good for overtaking!Or maybe its a dodgy pedal?

Cheers,james.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys,There is now 1100 miles on the new venga and she is still just as the day i collected her from the dealership, i have been 'stretching her legs quite a bit lately and she is a flyer!,the funny eco accelerator pedal thing really works in gears such as 3rd,and pushing it to the fabric really pushes you back and she spins both wheels on dry road! something ive struggled to do in previous cars,the power is readt right from 1000rpm.
Torque too is also excellent and she will pull from 1200rpm or so in 6th without any fuss,and there is no hesitation,you hear the engine starting to work from the moment you push the pedal down.

There are no cabin rattles,roof rattles,under seat rattles or intermittent gear selections as the old venga had,and mpg running around locally rarely dips below 49mpg,a run from one town to the next over 25 miles each way using 4th,5th and 6 gears modestly gives me 60mpg back.

as i mentioned before the new venga has a definate german build about it,and the doors close with a solid clunk,there is no echoey rattle from the door handles,and the noise of road water is also a lot more subdued,thanks to some sound proofing it seems.
The leather heated seats offer not only heated base but also heated lumbar area,great for the sore back,the reversing sensors can detect a small child approx 1.4metres away (i tried this the safe way,with me stationary and my son running across the back of the car).
The bluetooth connects in approx 5 seconds of turning on the ignition and connects calls almost instant,and the stereo as in the old car is awesome!

Another wee improvement i have noticed over the old car is that the rear courtesy lights now go off them selves when the car is locked even if left on,the come back on themselves when the car is unlocked,saves a flat battery.
There is also an audible alarm if you switch off and get out the car leaving the panoramic roof open,again handy to have.
In the boot,there is no spare wheel just an air compressor and a tin of green goo,so a wheel will be getting ordered asap,but the extra room it gives is unbelievable, i managed to get a big shopping from tesco stored completely under the floor in the upper position.

If i had to find a fault with the new car it would be the fact that although the old car had the revised stronger boot floor,this car has an extrememly flexible one and i would nt trust it.

But hey,if it goes atleast i know there is a solution to it and it ll get sorted.
Towbar and mudflaps are ordered and are going on real soon.
Hope this info has been useful-
- james- isle of skye
Venga 3 1.6crdi ecodynamics - phanton black metallic.

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Hi James,

Just wanted to addI agree the MY12 is a vast improvement over last years model I test drove. Also good choice of colour James!
Uvox2... MY12 Venga 3 Auto 1.6.....Phantom Black...metallic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts